PDA

View Full Version : What can a Cyclo correct...take a look, you'll be suprised!

Pages : 1 [2]

WindyCity
02-05-2009, 11:21 AM
The thing I like about the cyclo is the learning curve is very small. Just use it a short time and you will feel good with it....Sometimes my wife comes on a detail job with me and that is her job while I do other things!

Junebug
03-20-2009, 09:58 AM
How about the noise level? I assume it's pretty vibration free due to the design - but what about the sound? How would you compare it to say a PC or a Makita rotary?

DetailnDude
03-23-2009, 11:26 PM
How about the noise level? I assume it's pretty vibration free due to the design - but what about the sound? How would you compare it to say a PC or a Makita rotary?

It makes a little noise but not much louder than a high speed other than it's a different sound. really it's such a minor detail I never put any thought in to it. as for comparing it to a makita I couldn't tell ya cuz I don't own one. between the brushes for breaking up old dirt in carpets and the different stages of pads for compounding and polishing. I do feel it's a must for any professional detailer or hard core weekend warrior.. I know some feel otherwise and that is why this is nothing more than my opinion.
:buffing:

Rsurfer
03-24-2009, 12:49 AM
First let me say I really like this machine. Its smooth, balanced and leaves a hologram free finish even after heavy correction...plus one handed polishing is a breeze.
How about the side panels? Get arm weary?

oldmodman
03-24-2009, 01:24 AM
It is slightly louder than a rotary but not as loud as a Porter Cable. But I always wear fitted ear plugs when using any power tools.

A lot of my friends thought I was a "pansy" for wearing ear plugs when tree trimming, running a band saw, shooting etc. But I am 55 and have almost no detectable hearing loss. While their hearing starts to roll off at 5K and they are deaf above 11k.

The thing that I really like about my Cyclo is that my wrists don't go numb after a couple of hours like they do with a PC.

stardvd555
05-16-2009, 02:39 AM
The swirls were pretty heavy and as you can see there are many RDS left in the finish.

J Z06
10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I cannot tell you how many times we hear this, people that call to get Cyclo pads have had their polisher for 20+ years! It simply amazes me, Cyclo Polishers are work horses, you just can't beat them down. Lots of professionals use them due to their durability, let alone the quality of work they can help you produce. I'm one of them :). I have had my cyclo since the late 80's. It has done tons of cars and has never seen any oiling or maintenance. I'm surprised if the brushes aren't down to 5 mm's by now hehe. But it goes! Wonderful machine. :props: