PDA

View Full Version : Which QT to use on a newly painted surface

TSIFREAK
07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
I am looking for recomendations on what spray detailer I can use on my newly painted finish. I understand its best let the paint breath for a month before waxing but what can I use in the mean time?
The car is a 90 eagle talon that is mainly my race car and will start to be in local shows.
Pics are right after 2 coats of clear. The color is black cherry perl metalic.

ScottB
07-30-2008, 06:42 PM
use something without harsh cleaners or chemicals. I likely would use and try Pinnacles Crystal Mist. It has some light wax, but no real harsh chemicals and should offer what you need.

ss-truck
07-30-2008, 07:27 PM
If you used a urethane clear whick I figure you did it will be very durable in just a few days , but as you said does still need to out gas the solvents . If you can leave the car in the outside sun as much as possible to assist and speed the outgassing . As Scott said the Pinnacle Crystal Mist shoudl do well until you seal and wax .

TSIFREAK
07-30-2008, 07:34 PM
If you used a urethane clear whick I figure you did it will be very durable in just a few days , but as you said does still need to out gas the solvents . If you can leave the car in the outside sun as much as possible to assist and speed the outgassing . As Scott said the Pinnacle Crystal Mist shoudl do well until you seal and wax .
Yea mike its a urethane clear and the booth doesnt have heat to bake the clear. I wont be getting the car back for a couple more weeks. Also wont the wax in the pinnacle seal the paint or is it so minnor it wont matter.