PDA

View Full Version : Glass polishing pads?

ricka
07-28-2008, 08:16 AM
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/flex-glass-lg300.jpg

Has anyone tried these? I've used 4" orange/white pads with a PC but wondering if these work better with an AIO (I use DG 501).

ScottB
07-28-2008, 05:17 PM
hmmm ... never saw them !

Jason
07-28-2008, 07:49 PM
These are the same pads that are included in the glass polishing kits. I will see if I can find a windshield to do a test on, but i know it does work with many of the popular glass polishes(diamondite, auto glym, Dp glass restorer , etc.)

vtec92civic
07-31-2008, 01:49 AM
never used that pad, always used a lc orange pad with excellent results

conan777
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm actually getting ready to try them out on a coffee table of mine in about 5 mins. I'll let you know how they work out.

ricka
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
excellent...thank you conan

conan777
07-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok I used the Diamondite Glass Repair Kit that has a polish and those discs as well as a special backing plate. I just did 2 passes on my coffee table using a UDM as the pads do not fit my flex Orbital backing plate. Well there were some pretty light scratches and some pretty deep scratches. I followed the directions and worked the polish using those small discs.
Results=:( This system did nothing to correct the glass. I even tried using some Menz Power Gloss compound. Nadda! Now I'm not sure if there is some major difference between the glass on my coffee table versus the glass on an automobile but I can tell you I now have very little expectations for this product. I believe that it is probably good for slight etching problems or haze but if you are thinking these will remove scratches of any kind I am going to say Most likely NOT! so save your money. Cleaning glass I'm sure they are ok but not sure if they are any better than an orange or yellow foam pad.

vtec92civic
07-31-2008, 06:23 PM
damn, what a bummer. Just use a orange pad. Sucks that you had to spend money and not have satisfaction, but i guess sometimes its trial and error until we find stuff that works.

ricka
07-31-2008, 08:37 PM
damn, what a bummer. Just use a orange pad. Sucks that you had to spend money and not have satisfaction, but i guess sometimes its trial and error until we find stuff that works.

I agree. But hopefully we've all tried stuff that didn't measure up but still alerted our forum buddies to prevent them from making mistake purchases.

Thanks for trying it out. I'm beginning to think that glass is meant to be clean but cannot allow scratches or small pits to be polished out like paint.

vtec92civic
07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
i got this stuff that might work. If i may suggest trying Nu Glass by Duragloss. It isn't very expensive, but i used it for the first time the other day and i was amazed with the results. I say it's a must have. Can't go wrong for the price. Slap it on a orange pad if you have one and test out a section of your glass. Let me know if that works out for you.

Jimmie
08-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Are these any different? They sure look like they should work well with a glass polish.
Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/lc-glass-polishing-pad.html)

vtec92civic
08-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Are these any different? They sure look like they should work well with a glass polish.
Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/lc-glass-polishing-pad.html)

never did try those, but i have seen them before. Might be worth giving a try.