PDA

View Full Version : Petroleum based film on windows

RacerE7773
07-27-2008, 06:43 AM
I haven't seen this mentioned, so I thought I would ask.
I work third shift now and then and when I go to the car to go home I notice all the windows have a film of sorts that when I spray them down they 1) Refuse to come off the glass and 2) makes a sort of rainbow colored streaks on the windows. The worst part is the solid white almost the windshield becomes when I turn the wipers on to try to clear away the fogging on the outside of the windows. Any advice other than the 0000 steel wool I have in the car to give a try tomorrow?

:confused:

ScottB
07-27-2008, 08:16 AM
DP Glass Restorer --window polish

Jimmie
07-27-2008, 11:17 AM
That sounds miserable. Any idea what's causing it?

muddy
07-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned, so I thought I would ask.
I work third shift now and then and when I go to the car to go home I notice all the windows have a film of sorts that when I spray them down they 1) Refuse to come off the glass and 2) makes a sort of rainbow colored streaks on the windows. The worst part is the solid white almost the windshield becomes when I turn the wipers on to try to clear away the fogging on the outside of the windows. Any advice other than the 0000 steel wool I have in the car to give a try tomorrow?

:confused:

I had something similar when my windshield was replaced. I ended up putting a 50/50 mixture of alcohol and distilled water into a spray bottle and spritzed the windshield and wiped up with a microfiber.
You could also try vinegar as well.