PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Pads

Keith Harrison
07-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Quick Question. Used my new Flex today and forgot to purchase anything to clean the pads. Just have them soaking in water with a little car was det right now.

1. What should I use assuming before next time I will have time to buy something?

2. What can I use today i.e. household products that will work well?

I do have a small amount of MF cleaner left also but about out of that too.

Thx,

Keith

dionnfr
07-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Dawn Power Disolver, go to Walley World.

Keith Harrison
07-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Dawn Power Disolver, go to Walley World.

Dawn Power worked like a champ. Foodlion just across the street!
Thx,
Keith

Jimmie
07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
That DPD works good on getting latex paint out of brushes too. Just tried it on a whim last week.

julian
07-27-2008, 02:22 AM
i just hose em down real good right after I'm done and spin em for a bit, and put the pad side down to dry. don't let it sit in water, I don't think that's good for the adhesive which holds the pad to the wheel.

conan777
07-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Where are the before and after pics? :buffing:

Keith Harrison
07-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Where are the before and after pics? :buffing:

Take a peek under the thread Taping Off before Polishing.

Rsurfer
07-27-2008, 08:29 PM
i just hose em down real good right after I'm done and spin em for a bit, and put the pad side down to dry. don't let it sit in water, I don't think that's good for the adhesive which holds the pad to the wheel.You mean you dont use detergent to clean your pads? How can hosing them down get all the polish or waxes out of the pad? Hope you dont wash your clothes that way.

julian
07-27-2008, 10:26 PM
well, I don't use wheel pads for wax, and the regular compounds and polishes are usually water based, I haven't found a need to be harsh on them. the products used don't spoil or actually absorb into the wool or the sponge material in the pads, just the air spaces in the pads. at least that's what I have seen on my end. just hose and agitate..

gary26
07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
DP pad rejuvenator works great. Once I set a dirty pad aside and forgot about it for 2 weeks and it still came out perfect. I'm a believer in DP.

bryansbestwax
07-28-2008, 09:36 AM
DP pad rejuvenator works great. Once I set a dirty pad aside and forgot about it for 2 weeks and it still came out perfect. I'm a believer in DP.
I second