PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrr!!!

bobbybrass
07-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Hello all,

It's my first post, but I had to vent!

I wanted to bring my BMW back as new, so I got a PC, pad kit and products; XMT 1 and 2, Wolfgang TSR and Glaze. Worked on the car for a while, the fisnish is nice. I still have a few very tiny hair scratches here and there (only have the front of the car done).

But I messed it up. While applying a coat of wax with my PC, the backing plate unscrewed itself from the mounting bolt (3" spot buff back plate) and flew away with the pad. Results: a spinning bolt hitting the hood.It took a 1/2" half-moon shaped chip of paint off.

We'll see what the paintshop says!

I'm so P*****!!

:mad:

Great forum by the way....

ewiesner
07-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your damage. I would've not been using a PC for my wax... but that's like telling you to close the barn door after the cows are out:mad::mad::(

rwisejr
07-25-2008, 06:53 PM
I use a PC for apply wax all the time. That could have happened when he was polishing. Sad thing is that it should not have happened.Sorry to here of your mis fortune and hope it can be repaired with out a lot of expense.

bobbybrass
07-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the e-sympathy; I needed it! : ) Using the PC for wax is great: it applies nice and even thin layers of product. Just make sure, if you're using a spot buff kit backing plate that the %^$####****^$%#@# thing has been tighten on the adapter by "The Hulk" and that he used "Ultra-neverwilcomeoff-formula" threadlocker on it!

I stopped at the body-shop. The whole hood needs to be refinished if I don't want my goof to show.

I'm taking the car in next week. They'll do it for 300$.

How much is a bottle of Locktite?

ScottB
07-26-2008, 07:08 AM
I to am sorry to hear of the issue, and normally use hand wax and removal. Locktite is under 5.00 at most stores like Lowes, HD, and Wally World.

bobbybrass
07-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks Killr. I was being sarcastic; I have two bottles of threadlocker in the garage. I already used it on the culprit backing plate. I don't think it's going to get loose again, even if I wanted.

thanks.