PDA

View Full Version : 303 aerospace on paint

Jason
07-24-2008, 08:40 PM
I had this question come up in forum a few days back, just wanted to see what everyone though about it.
Question-
Can 303 aerospace protectant be used on paint?

dengood1
07-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Sure, but so can lighter fluid:) Not that I would recommend that either!! lol

dengood1
07-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes, it can! (source: properautocare)

Use 303 Aerospace Protectant on:

Rubber: Tires, neoprene, latex, door and trunk seals, weather-stripping, EPDM rubber roofs, CV boots, waders and wet suits.
Vinyl: Dash, vinyl seats, vinyl convertible tops, clear vinyl windows, Isinglass, marine seating, tonneau covers, car bras, spa covers and pool covers.
Inflatable Boats: Hypalon, PVC and urethane blends.
Gelcoat/fiberglass: Boats, RV's, snowmobiles and jet ski's.
Plastics/acrylics/polycarbonates: Lexan® and acrylic panels/windows/windshields/port holes.
Pool & Patio: Plastic furniture (not fabric), pool inflatables, slides, covers.
Sailcloth: Dacron and monofilm.
Finished leather: Upholstery, motorcycle leather, trim, tack, fine apparel.303 Aerospace Protectant is an
"SPF 40 Sunscreen... For Your Stuff"

"303" is water based. It contains no petroleum solvents or silicone oils.
"303" is the world's most powerful sunscreening treatment for vinyl.
"303" restores lost color and luster. It makes faded vinyl look "factory new".
"303" treated surfaces repel dust, dirt, oils, tree sap & oil-based stains.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/classic-motoring/303AutoTire.jpg

Leaves a natural, satin finish.

"303" treated vinyl stays cleaner longer and cleans up easier.
"303" is safe for rubber, plastic, clear and solid color vinyl, glass and paint.

sorry about the link to competitor's site, but thought I should name the source. Delete as needed!

Rsurfer
07-24-2008, 09:04 PM
I had this question come up in forum a few days back, just wanted to see what everyone though about it.
Question-
Can 303 aerospace protectant be used on paint?
If it would work on paint, I would think that the manufacture would say so.

dengood1
07-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Questions? - Comments? Contact 303 Products

Do you have questions about 303 Products? We can help, send us your question below and we will get back to you.
Thanks !

The World's Best Products
303 PRODUCTS, INC.
PO Box 966
PALO CEDRO, CA 96073
FAX: 530.549.5577
http://www.303products.com (http://www.303products.com/)
info@303products.com (info@303products.com)

Email Us http://www.303products.com/tech/images/spacer.gifYour Namehttp://www.303products.com/tech/images/spacer.gifTitleCompanyPhoneEmail Message http://www.303products.com/tech/images/spacer.gif required fields

Rsurfer
07-24-2008, 09:15 PM
I see it in bold Red, Dengood1. Never heard of anyone using it on paint, but who knows it might just work. I use 303 for my dash and interior trim, but no way will it touch my paint.

dengood1
07-24-2008, 09:16 PM
303 Aerospace Protectant saves<br>money and adds years to the life of<br>your vinyl and saddlebags with a<br>SPF 40 Sunscreen. (http://www.autogeek.net/303aepr.html)

says to use on all surfaces of your bike BUT the paint! Hmmm?

richy
07-24-2008, 09:55 PM
303 can be used on paint. I use it on door jams for a just waxed look after cleaning them with ONR. It is a nice combo. 303 has a ton of uses.

Rsurfer
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
303 can be used on paint. I use it on door jams for a just waxed look after cleaning them with ONR. It is a nice combo. 303 has a ton of uses. Thanks Richy didnt know that. Been using AW on jams. Have you tried it on wheels? What about glass?

Jason
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I've heard of customers using it on boats and some rv's but I've haven come accross using it on paint. The guy actually when ahead and tried it and sait it worked ok, I was just if anyone had been doing it for a while.
Here are some instructions from the 303
Basic Car Detailing

303 Aerospace Protectant will give your vehicle's paint job that "always wet look" for a superior shine.
Step 1. Strip the wax off your car as it's the wax, no matter what quality, that will gray or dull your car. Strip the surface down until you can squeak your fingers with it .. (by using a mild to semi-coarse compound depending on surface condition) it's then ready .
Step 2. Using a cleaner/swirl remover give a final preparation and let vehicle sit for a day or to let the oxidants evaporate.
Step 3. Using a soft terry cloth apply 303 Aerospace Protectant, enough to dampen the cloth. Do not spray directly to the paint. Only dampen the surface, do not over apply for best results. Never apply in direct sunlight.
Step 4. Buff surface with Dewalt variable speed polisher at 1500 to 1800 r.p.m. with a clean polishing pad, either yellow foam or white cloth. Using a flannel towel, buff any excess 303 Aerospace Protectant that may still remain. Repeat process approximately every 6 months.

Rsurfer
07-24-2008, 10:24 PM
I've heard of customers using it on boats and some rv's but I've haven come accross using it on paint. The guy actually when ahead and tried it and sait it worked ok, I was just if anyone had been doing it for a while.
Here are some instructions from the 303
Basic Car Detailing

303 Aerospace Protectant will give your vehicle's paint job that "always wet look" for a superior shine.
Step 1. Strip the wax off your car as it's the wax, no matter what quality, that will gray or dull your car. Strip the surface down until you can squeak your fingers with it .. (by using a mild to semi-coarse compound depending on surface condition) it's then ready .
Step 2. Using a cleaner/swirl remover give a final preparation and let vehicle sit for a day or to let the oxidants evaporate.
Step 3. Using a soft terry cloth apply 303 Aerospace Protectant, enough to dampen the cloth. Do not spray directly to the paint. Only dampen the surface, do not over apply for best results. Never apply in direct sunlight.
Step 4. Buff surface with Dewalt variable speed polisher at 1500 to 1800 r.p.m. with a clean polishing pad, either yellow foam or white cloth. Using a flannel towel, buff any excess 303 Aerospace Protectant that may still remain. Repeat process approximately every 6 months.
If it didnt come from you Jason, I would have thought this was a big joke. Curious to see if anyone has tried it on this forum.

richy
07-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks Richy didnt know that. Been using AW on jams. Have you tried it on wheels? What about glass?

No I haven't. I use either xmt 360 on wheels or more often, dg 501/105 combo. Glass I either use IG or ONR.

Jason
07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
If it didnt come from you Jason, I would have thought this was a big joke. Curious to see if anyone has tried it on this forum.

I know the feeling. I guess I can always do a test on the wifes car.
:buffing:

richy
07-24-2008, 10:32 PM
For sure I have read about 303 being used on paint (maybe from their website, I don't remember) but Jason's post seems very interesting. I just don't know about the longevity of it compared to a polymer sealant. I think I'll stick to what I'm doing on the outside paint. It does do a nice job on the door jams though..give it a try and let me know what you think.

Rsurfer
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
If you do it you are a true AutoGeek. LOL