PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything that you can do to clean the clay

Schneidly Whiplash
07-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi There
I thought I would join the forum to see what everyone else is doing. I'm kindof a BMW nut and bought my first one in 1975 (a 1970 2002) when I was in college, before all the yuppies out there were buying them (and before the term yuppy was even around). My present daily driver is a 2006 M3 coupe in Silver Grey with a red leather interior. Ever since I first read it in BMW's owners manual, when washing a car I use clear water with no soap, and am convinced this makes wax last a lot longer....
Over the years I have used a lot of painful methods of waxing.....Blue Coral (two step process), Zymoil (using the paint cleaner worked but it about put me in traction.) I was finally convinced to try the detailing clay and get a Porter-Cable buffer. I just cannot believe how easy and effectively this process works. And, how quickly!

Here is my question. Is there anything that you can do to clean the clay? I havent had a problem yet, but I'm worried it might pick up a piece of sand or something and create a scratsh....

Matt S.
07-24-2008, 02:14 PM
There's really no way to clean clay. You can pick dirt off the surface, but you'll never be able to get every spec of dirt out once it's completely dirty....this is why after a few uses we recommend throwing it in the trash and getting a new claybar.