PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang 3.0 review & Miracle Towel review

Pages : [1] 2

wytstang
07-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Product Name: Wolfgang 3.0 sealant

Product Container: Black bottle (thick plastic)

Product Labeling: Black and Red WG design (I've always liked WG logo/design)

Product Characteristics: Thick yellow consistency, I'm a bit sick so I don't know how it smells.

Product Performance: Went on a hot surface very easy (like the original); I also purposely put it on thick to see how difficult it would be to remove from a hot surface. Absolute bigest..................breeze Im the MANcame off very easy after sitting on a hot surface (90*+) for about 30 minutes.

Product Price: $34.99 for a 16 oz
Product Safety: Keep it out of your eyes and don't drink it, not matter how much it looks like a nice thick banana shake it's not.

Conclusion: From past reviews I new it had more of a reflective loot to it (classic sealant look) but to my surprise it didn't pull the flakes out as much as I though it would. They still pop but instead (in person) it pulled the metallic out quit a bit. Reminded me of Sig II with a more reflective look. Not sure I will be able to do as good a job as Impala keeping up with durability as I've been a bit busy lately. I have just a few pics the sun kept hiding behind clouds and then I got a "memory card error" message on my camera (great)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/FusionWG30001Medium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/FusionWG30002Medium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/FusionWG30003Medium.jpg
Only sun shot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/FusionWG30004Medium.jpg

Product Name: Cobra MF towel

Product Container: Clear plastic bag

Product Labeling: Say Miracle Towel with a red Ferrari with a blac color fading into a purple color towards the top.

Product Characteristics: Plush fibers on one side with a short nap on the opposite side. I do want to note this towel came with an unusual amount of stuff in bedded into the fibers (long nap side). I'm not sure what it was but it took 3 passes to get them all out. I've never seen a towel come with this much junk with it. Weird and not common or characteristic of cobra towels.

Product Performance: The short nap was used to remove the WG and it performed flawlessly in this duty. The longer nap I would use for QDing or just a final buff.

Product Price: $10(?)
Product Safety: Keep plastic away from kids/pets.
Conclusion: Nice and thick plush towel thats a nice size (16x24) that can pull several duty with no problems. I would inspect the towel before and after it's first wash to see it there is any crap trapped in the fibers. What I found in mine was a bunch of ball shape white stuff. I could easy scratch paint if not removed, it was a bit hard to break up but it wasn't like glue or anything. I'm not sure what it was. Not pics as my memory card is acting up :(

supercharged
07-24-2008, 01:15 PM
thanks for review, Wytstang. Mine 3.0 (whole kit with swirl removers and sealant) will be it next week. Can't wait to try it out. I've got Fuzion coming too (wax, not the car)...Pics are coming. Thinking of a project car my wife's BMW, it sure can benefit from a good polishing, as last time I polished it was last year...

ScottB
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Wolfgang is a bit warmer than some other sealants, kinda like a wax. Have you tried Four Star on that blue beauty ??

nitro78
07-24-2008, 04:02 PM
i love my miracle towels and i am always picking out stuff from the long nap also.i too have 3.0 but four star upp is gonna be tried out first:p

101impala
07-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I have to say as far as durability goes the Wolfgang 3.0 is up near if not at the top of my list. I still have not rewaxed my vehicle and I am still getting great reflectivity and water beading go it is still performing. Nice review wytstang!:cheers:

Andy
101impala

Jimmie
07-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Nice review wytstang. Didn't know anything about it until your review. Thanks. It looks great on that paint.

wytstang
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Wolfgang is a bit warmer than some other sealants, kinda like a wax. Have you tried Four Star on that blue beauty ??
I liked how it pulled the metallic out, it was a nice (unexpected) surprise to see that. I actually was expecting a some what high reflection with plenty of flake pop. It reminded me of sig II with a touch more reflection to it. And no I haven't tried UPP yet I've been waiting for reviews to pop up but haven't seen any. At the same time the past 2 month I've been busy and haven't really been online much.

wytstang
07-25-2008, 12:02 AM
thanks for review, Wytstang. Mine 3.0 (whole kit with swirl removers and sealant) will be it next week. Can't wait to try it out. I've got Fuzion coming too (wax, not the car)...Pics are coming. Thinking of a project car my wife's BMW, it sure can benefit from a good polishing, as last time I polished it was last year...
Look forward to your review, I wish I could do more detailing but it's just too hot to stand out there polishing. Heck the mustang and fusion have gone without a bath in 2 months. Today was the first day it was not as hot to wash the fusion. My poor mustang is still pretty dirty. And daily rain storms aren't helping either.

Hooligan03
07-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks wytstang, I just bought the whole swirl remover kit and have done my cobra and GT and was very impressed with how easy the kit was to use.

Meghan
07-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Daniel you should have contacted me about the towel, no reason for it to have anything on it but MICROFIBER!! :D
Would have sent you another, very nice review though, wife must be happy you finally gave her car some love!:buffing:

wytstang
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
I thought it was weird to find anything on it, and I really don't know what it was either. I do know I picked off at least 11 of those little ball thingys. The towels was in the package this whole time so I ruled out something may have fallen on it and contaminated it. Actually she's out on a trip for about 2 weeks so I'm pimpin (and saving gas) in the Fusion.

Would like to add: This morning the car looks more wetter and reflective at the same time (picture a Candy Apple shine [mmmm elephant ears *drools* sorry Youth Fair flashback :D ]). Seems as it cures the wetness and reflectiveness increases a tad.

wytstang
07-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Also I'm hopping to get a second coat on this weekend and update the pics and try to do a durability test. But having a cold, 90*+, and constant showers are making it tough to do anything outside.

michael k
07-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Have any issues with static eletricity with the WG 3.0?I keep getting zapped after using itIm the MAN and attracts dust.The dust just floats on the surface and moves around with a slight breeze.http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5268/size/big/ppuser/14282

wytstang
07-25-2008, 10:48 PM
No on both accounts. What are you using to apply it? I used a good ol foam pad.

buja
07-26-2008, 12:10 AM
more updated pics would be good ! :)