PDA

View Full Version : Scratches in finish

MrAbody
07-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Bought my 7424 PC kit at the beggining of the summer and have not used it yet. I think I will be tackling 2 of my 9 year old cars in august that are pretty worn and have never been polished. each car has a few prominent scratches in the finish, not too deep, but not swirl marks either.

Can I try to spot treat these before I do the rest of the car, Perhaps hit certain spots with PB SSR3 and an orange pad in certain spots before I move on to the car as a whole with the following

1. Orange pad with SSR 2.5
2. White pad with SSR1
3. Black pad with PB's Natty

Thanks in advance!

nick22
07-22-2008, 03:18 PM
i think u can better use the natty,s by hand with foam applicator

Rsurfer
07-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Bought my 7424 PC kit at the beggining of the summer and have not used it yet. I think I will be tackling 2 of my 9 year old cars in august that are pretty worn and have never been polished. each car has a few prominent scratches in the finish, not too deep, but not swirl marks either.

Can I try to spot treat these before I do the rest of the car, Perhaps hit certain spots with PB SSR3 and an orange pad in certain spots before I move on to the car as a whole with the following

1. Orange pad with SSR 2.5
2. White pad with SSR1
3. Black pad with PB's Natty

Thanks in advance!Sounds good, but I would go with 2.5 with a white pad first. If you dont get the results then move up to an orange pad. Least aggressive first. Nothing wrong in applying a wax with a pc.

Jimmie
07-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah you can spot treat the problem areas. In fact that's always a good game plan.
If you can catch your finger nail in the prominent scratches I wouldn't even bother with the buffer. You would have to abrade too much CC to make it disappear. A good trick is too put some polish or ScratchX on a MF and with your finger work the scratch length ways. It rounds the edges and makes it less noticeable.