PDA

View Full Version : What speeds are you using

conan777
07-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Hello all. I am curious to learn what speeds you guys are using with your FLex Orbital polisher. I will be honest and say that I almost always use Speed 6 when correcting, and maybe drop down to 5. Speed 3 when spreading the polish but then its usually right up to 5 or 6. I've read posts where people drop the speed to really pop the shine factor but I don't see how that works with an orbital? A rotary sure but what speeds do you guys find works best at leaving a perfect finish? and why?

Oh and I have been using wool pads with the flex and it works great!

PAD
07-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Always 5 or 6 for me. I will initially feather the trigger to spread the product then stick to 5 or 6.

ScottB
07-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I go higher on correction .. move back some after initial work.

blacknblu
07-22-2008, 06:58 PM
For correction, I spread polish on speed 1, and increase to 6 once distributed. If its hot in my garage, I'll either decrease my work area to 1 ft X 1 ft, or only increase the speed to 5 or 4 (ok, only 4 once). I decrease the speed because I've found I get less dusting with 106ff.

When using polish to bring out the shine I use a Gray pad, spread polish on speed 1, and bump to 4 or 5. I also work the Gray pad faster (about half the pad width a second).

When applying wax, I spread on speed 1, and increase to 3.

I'm happy with the results, but I do it as a hobby. I haven't ever charged, and so far I'm happy to say I haven't given any refunds ;)