PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad

Reddwarf
07-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Anyone try this?

Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html)

I had to remove some tar-like stuff off a car today and I wonder if this would have made the job easier.

Or perhaps the PB Bug Squash (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-bug-squash.html).

MikeyC
07-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I have Bug Squash and I'm completely unimpressed with it's tar removal abilities. It does a great job as a pre-wash to remove road salt or bugs, but it doesn't do much to tar IMO. If you see a lot of tar get yourself some Meguiar's Body Solvent. It does a great job removing tar.

Excessive Detail
07-30-2006, 09:08 PM
The Pinnacle bug scrub works great on removing tar with a good degreaser, like simple green, although the scrubber tends to hold grease or tar and its somewhat hard to get out. Its recommended also to soak the scrubber in warm water for a minute or to before using it to soften it up, it still works great, but it makes it a little safer, I love that thing, I've never seen anything take bugs of so easy.

Neothin
07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
I completely agree with MikeyC. Meg's body solvent and PB's bug squash are a great combination of products that can tackle anything bug and tar related. That bug scrubber is a god send on bug-battered suv's. It takes 2 minutes for me to completely de-bug meghan's expeditions front end.

try using the body solvent for pad cleaning, awesome awesome awesome.

RPM06
07-31-2006, 12:06 AM
The Pinnacle bug scrub works great on removing tar with a good degreaser, like simple green, although the scrubber tends to hold grease or tar and its somewhat hard to get out. Its recommended also to soak the scrubber in warm water for a minute or to before using it to soften it up, it still works great, but it makes it a little safer, I love that thing, I've never seen anything take bugs of so easy.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

ScottB
07-31-2006, 06:07 AM
I have Bug Squash and I'm completely unimpressed with it's tar removal abilities. It does a great job as a pre-wash to remove road salt or bugs, but it doesn't do much to tar IMO. If you see a lot of tar get yourself some Meguiar's Body Solvent. It does a great job removing tar.

I think BS works rather well on tar, but you must use it full strength. It also works very well when added to car wash (or a presoak with foam gun) to clean heavily soiled cars. Great product.

Driven Auto Detail
07-31-2006, 08:39 AM
I have the Pinnacle Bug Scrub and I love it. I usually fill my wash bucket with warm water so when it comes time to scrub the front bumper, the scrub pad is nice and soft. I can't imagine not using it now that I have one.

MikeyC
07-31-2006, 08:56 AM
I think BS works rather well on tar, but you must use it full strength. It also works very well when added to car wash (or a presoak with foam gun) to clean heavily soiled cars. Great product.

It's probably an environmental thing. You live in FL where it's sweltering hot everyday. So, the tar stays more in a liquid state on the surface of the car. Whereas, I live in New England where it's much more temperate. Therefore, the tar hardens on cooler days and becomes much more difficult to remove. Plus no one takes care of their car up here so if you see tar it's probably been on the car for 2 years already.

Excessive Detail
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM

Can BS hurt paint at full strength.

Neothin
07-31-2006, 12:16 PM
no, it'll hurt your wax layer though.

wytstang
07-31-2006, 12:27 PM
I have the Pinnacle Bug Scrub and love it, soaked it with plenty of soap and worked great. Funny thing is that picture with the corvette and the PBS is soooooo fake lol
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/bug1.jpeg
Somebody needs to work on there photoshop skills lol

Neothin
07-31-2006, 12:31 PM
hehehe....

cummins03
07-31-2006, 09:09 PM
I have to agree the bug sponge is by far the best tool I have.