PDA

View Full Version : Glaze with Sealant

Pages : [1] 2

blacknblu
07-21-2008, 06:53 PM
I've been considering a glaze the next time I polish my car, more specifically Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles. I also have Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, and was wondering how a glaze would affect the paint sealant's durability.

As I understand, the glaze goes on before the sealant. If this is correct, as the glaze degrades, does the paint sealant degrade as well?

hondajake
07-21-2008, 07:14 PM
I emailed AG about this and the response I got was not to use an oily glaze with a sealant and to use WG Finishing Glaze 3.0 instead of....Because what I was going to do is use this and then WG and then Sourvan Paste...

conan777
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Oily glazes do not mix with paint sealants. You are correct in that you want to put on your glaze first but then top it with a carnauba. mixing a glaze with a paint sealant is like trying to mix oil and water. It will be a mess. The only glaze that I know of that you can top with a sealant is DWG (Danase Wet Glaze) which is an acrylic sealant and is supposedly able to bond to the paint similiar to sealant and it can be layered just like a sealant can. I have used DWG and WDGPS. I like them both. That would be the combo I would recommend. Good luck and let us know what you choose and how you like it.

nitro78
07-21-2008, 08:53 PM
what about sealant, the black hole glaze then lsp

rwisejr
07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
The black hole can be used with a sealant just as the DWG can .

hondajake
07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
I am wondering if PB's Glazes are oily then the durability must not be very good..?

nitro78
07-21-2008, 09:05 PM
all about looks not durability

barryscott
07-22-2008, 02:59 PM
I have used BH then topped with PB's EX with Carnauba. Very nice look.

hondajake
07-22-2008, 04:20 PM
I called PB today and talked to someone there and asked if BH and White Diamond contained oil and he told me that all of thier products are water based and there was no oil in the glaze. I then asked him since there was no oil then I could use a sealant over it with no problems. He told me that all of PB products can be used together and he could not comment on other products. I asked if PB Pure Sealant can be used with a nuba and he told me yes it could and I should have no problems. He recommeneded Natty Blue, but I am going to use Sourvan. Hopefully this helps....

What is DWG?

blacknblu
07-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Thank you all for your input. As hot as it is, I'll admit I'm looking for shortcuts. I was thinking about polishing with 106ff and a white pad, a glaze, then WGDPS. I figured this would eliminate the need to go back over my car a second time with the 106ff and a Gray pad.

Oh, and my wife's minivan is need of a months worth of attention. She may just get the Klasse AIO.

Again, thank you all for your responses.

sal329
07-22-2008, 07:36 PM
DWG= Danase Wet Glaze
DWG can be used under and over a sealant

hondajake
07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I am glad that I seen this post, because I baught Black Hole and EX-P, and then read that this might not work and such, since BH Galze is oil based and to find out it isnt, was a relief....

nitro78
07-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I called PB today and talked to someone there and asked if BH and White Diamond contained oil and he told me that all of thier products are water based and there was no oil in the glaze. I then asked him since there was no oil then I could use a sealant over it with no problems. He told me that all of PB products can be used together and he could not comment on other products. I asked if PB Pure Sealant can be used with a nuba and he told me yes it could and I should have no problems. He recommeneded Natty Blue, but I am going to use Sourvan. Hopefully this helps....

What is DWG?

Danase Wet Glaze

hondajake
07-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I just applied Black Hole and EX-P to my Acura. Looks AWESOME! Will be posting pics soon...

Tomorrow AM I am going to top it with Sourvan.

wytstang
07-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Thank you all for your input. As hot as it is, I'll admit I'm looking for shortcuts. I was thinking about polishing with 106ff and a white pad, a glaze, then WGDPS. I figured this would eliminate the need to go back over my car a second time with the 106ff and a Gray pad.

Oh, and my wife's minivan is need of a months worth of attention. She may just get the Klasse AIO.

Again, thank you all for your responses.
As hot as it is Poly-Seal would be your best friend on that van. Polish and seal at the same time (looked good as well).