PDA

View Full Version : Just Saying hi

Dime44
07-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey everyone, just signed up yesterday night..been looking for a car detailing website couldnt find any until i found autogeek.com been like addicted to it sience haha i spend atleast 2-3 hours just reading all the threats etc. well nways i live in Canada n been keeping my car clean sience got my first one :D in 2006 which was a 2001 Mercury Cougar which was green but when you put a nice coat of wax on it would glear in kinda blackish i just loved everytime i cleaned my car almost everyone would pull up at a red light n say wooow dude gotta say thats a reaallly nice car!! then ended up taking an automotive intership and one of the teachers there owns his own detailing shop who thought me alot and been in love with the buisness sience.. at the moment im just doing my car and friends car.. i can on avarage detail a car in about 4-6 hours..

Also im going on vecation for three weeks from july 21st once i get back i have my mind set on opening up my buisness... everywhere i clean a car atleast 2 people will walk up to me and ask me for a buisness card, and the store i used to work at shut down so i guess its a good time to start everything up im on a budget at about $1500 $200 here n there wont matter.. just want to have money left for a month or two for rent n car payments and a buisness name etc.

In the Town/City i live in there is lots of mobile detailers but only few shops... im planning to do it at home, n if available water and electricity then do it there too, in your appinion should i just stick to doing it at home in a garage or go mobile too? also if you got any tips for me to help me succeed in this buisness it would be more then helpful

Meghan
07-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Welcome! Where are you located?

sal329
07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Welcome and good luck with your new business

Dime44
07-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Canada,ontario,kingston... population is bout 115 000 there is quite a few people that ive met that drive porches, n vetts but they umm dont take quite good care as they should, they go into the drive in washs etc... wiping down with old dirty t-shirts.. im trying to decide should i keep prices low and do all cars or charge little extra but put in lots more work and mainly work on porches etc sience i know people that would want them done.. i did a car for a woman, she has been taking her other car (blue tiburon) to the shop all the time but never has trusted her new car to the shop a brand new silver mustang (loooks nice) but she let me clean it and she was more then satisficed she went out that nite n all her friends noticed, also did a truck for a construction worker, and he got his truck brand new, he said it looked bout 15 times better than when he bought it and that he took it to the dealership to get it cleaned and they did a #### job.. i was going to do it for free for him but i got a case of beer and a nice $120 dollar meal for me and my girlfriend :)