PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to use

red281gt
03-20-2006, 10:10 AM
I have a car with red paint with clear coat that is about 8 years old so it has faded color and lots of swirls and waterspots, and I am stumped about what products to use/get so I was hoping you'll be able to help me. I will be using the portercable 7424.

joe.p
03-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I have a car with red paint with clear coat that is about 8 years old so it has faded color and lots of swirls and waterspots, and I am stumped about what products to use/get so I was hoping you'll be able to help me. I will be using the portercable 7424.
Can you post a pic of the car so we can see how bad the paint has oxidized.

1) you need to thouroughly wash the car.
2) you need a cleaner either chemical or mechanical. KAIO w/PC is a good start. You could try Meguiars or Mothers OTC products that contain cleaners.

there are members who have experience with oxidation and they will stop by to help you..

ScottB
03-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Klasse AIO (red can) to remove the oxidation (will need PC) , Poorboys SSR 2.5 for swirls, 1.0 SSR for final polishing and a good sealant or wax that wont break the bank. (Poorboys EXP , Wolfgang, Four Starr UPP) . Pinnacle Souveran is a great final topper for red but can be left out as budget allows.

red281gt
03-20-2006, 10:42 PM
could i use klasse glaze after the ssr 1 b/c i heard that it is some awesome stuff?

red281gt
03-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Can you post a pic of the car so we can see how bad the paint has oxidized.

1) you need to thouroughly wash the car.
2) you need a cleaner either chemical or mechanical. KAIO w/PC is a good start. You could try Meguiars or Mothers OTC products that contain cleaners.

there are members who have experience with oxidation and they will stop by to help you..

i would but my camera is messed up... but put it this way the red looks like it's almost pink:(

cwcad
03-21-2006, 07:02 AM
could i use klasse glaze after the ssr 1 b/c i heard that it is some awesome stuff?

You can.... but I would not. Use the Klasse Twins together. The durability is above reproach. Looks may or may not be to your liking. Some think the shine is not brilliant but sterile. One can use a carnuaba topper to get a terrific look.

ScottB
03-21-2006, 05:59 PM
You can.... but I would not. Use the Klasse Twins together. The durability is above reproach. Looks may or may not be to your liking. Some think the shine is not brilliant but sterile. One can use a carnuaba topper to get a terrific look.

I hate to offer another product, but Sonus Acrylic Spritz is a great way to increase the gloss factor on the twins. UPP Gloss Spray does some also. Shine and Gloss from Poorboys aint half bad either. ;)