PDA

View Full Version : Smell in 2005 BMW 525i A/C

CBANDER225
07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
I have finally found something to take the smell out of the A/C in my BMW.
Einszett Klima-Cleaner. I took the cabin filters out and applied the product directly on the evaporator coil. It works well--smells like a new car again. It has been 3 weeks and the smell has not returned.

Pyrocite
07-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Cool, will have to try it some day. For a quick fix try turning the heat all the way up and run it for few seconds this should kill it till you have a chance to spray it with something (read somewhere that Lysol works nice as well).

CBANDER225
07-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I did try the heater trick---did not work. Lysol is almost as bad as the smell it is trying to kill! The Einszett Klima-Cleaner does not leave a smell.(I like the smell of leather) My BMW dealer used something that covered the smell but did not kill it. I understand this is a common problem with BMW.

sal329
07-15-2008, 07:15 PM
If the car is under your 50k mile warranty the BMW dealer will fix the problem. We use a fogger and an air cleaning kit, runs through your entire ac sytem and into your car. Im not sure if every dealer uses the same kit as it is not a BMW part, but the one we use works great. I used it 3 years ago in FL in my Accord and still have not had a problem.
Im glad the Einszett Klima-Cleaner worked, I was looking to see some reviews on this as it would be nice to have something that works and does not need a machine to use.

Largebore
07-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I used the Einszett on my 325. Seemed to work great.

Pyrocite
07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Nice, will try Einszett when i run into the problem again. Im the MAN