PDA

View Full Version : What are they smoking?

Pages : [1] 2

Largebore
07-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow just checked out a site with Swissvax. I really would like to find out the formula for what ever it is that they are smoking. The prices are unreal. Souveragn is dirt cheap compared to the stuff they are peddling. Unreal.. more unreal I guess would be the people who pay that kind of money for some wax... I am going to take my Souveragn put it in the food processor add some avocados, peaches, hand lotion and some eye of newt and then sell it for a fortune.

Bert31
07-13-2008, 11:47 PM
If you think those are expensive, google Zymol Solaris.

Bert31
07-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow just checked out a site with Swissvax. I really would like to find out the formula for what ever it is that they are smoking. The prices are unreal. Souveragn is dirt cheap compared to the stuff they are peddling. Unreal.. more unreal I guess would be the people who pay that kind of money for some wax... I am going to take my Souveragn put it in the food processor add some avocados, peaches, hand lotion and some eye of newt and then sell it for a fortune.

Half the time I think all the fruits and stuff are just for the smell. I never have understood why people care so much about how the waxes smell.

Largebore
07-14-2008, 09:46 AM
I like the smells, but I just have some difficulty understanding how the car benefits from it. One company was so bold as to say that since these natural fruits etc are good for your body, should they not also be good for your car. huh! did I miss something in school that I should have been paying more attention to ?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Dont knock it till you try it!

Largebore
07-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Try what?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Try what?

Swissvax, Zymol, Supernatural - High end nubas in general.

While the waxes that exceed $300 I can not justify I can justify the waxes in the $200-$250 range and have seen 1st hand the superior aesthetics they provide... My customers like them as well!

Largebore
07-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Yes, sorry if I was confusing. The waxes that I was looking at were much more expensive than $250.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes, sorry if I was confusing. The waxes that I was looking at were much more expensive than $250.

No worries...... I often get called crazy for spending anything over $100 on a wax..

For a person that is not doing this for profit I agree it may be overkill, but for those that detail as a business being able to offer a high end nuba to those that want it is a plus that will make the customer happy and boost your bottom line

Right now, for me, spending $500+ on a wax does not make sense for my business. But, that may all change because when I 1st started I never thought I would be able to justify a $200 wax.

trhland
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
my daughter loves high end waxes:D

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj9/trhland/samanthawax002.jpg

trhland
07-14-2008, 12:19 PM
i bought this wax because i love to try different waxes.

is it better then souveran ? and sig series 2? umm hard to say .looks just as good . durability is however longer. souveran paste is still one of my favorites. and sig series 2!!! :cheers:

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Swissvax makes very good waxes, I have Onyx, Smargd, and Mystery and to me they are all worth the price. I still have my Souveran and use it and feel it its a very good wax. But as said above don't knock them until you tried them.

Bert31
07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Swissvax, Zymol, Supernatural - High end nubas in general.

While the waxes that exceed $300 I can not justify I can justify the waxes in the $200-$250 range and have seen 1st hand the superior aesthetics they provide... My customers like them as well!

Are these customers you only see once a year for full details or do your customers come back periodically for a wash and wax? I ask because after a few month, the Concorso/Divine/Mystery/Supernatura/Concours/etc will wear off. Atleast with a sealant you will get a little more durability with them.

Bert31
07-14-2008, 02:34 PM
I like the smells, but I just have some difficulty understanding how the car benefits from it.

A detailer I know on other threads uses Zymol Vintage (just under $2K for a lifetime supply of refills). He swears that a fresh coat of Vintage will allows him to wash his car w/o ever touching it due to how easily dirt and debris rinses off of Vintage. He simply fires up his pressure washer, rinses off the car, foams it with his foam cannon, rinses off the foam with his pressure washer, blows the car with his leaf blower and lets the car air dry the rest of the way since he uses the CRSpotless systems which will prevent water spotting. By not touching his car, he is greatly eliminating the odds of marring the paint.

I know of others who use Vintage who are not so convinced they don't need a mitt but they do agree that due to Vintage, so much more dirt and debris is removed during the pre-rinse that marring is greatly reduced because of that.

Now, I have never used Vintage so I cannot personally verify these statement but these are two very reliable detailers so I give their opinion some value. I personally am not planning on buying any Vintage, just can't see justifying it since a drive a fairly ordinary car (Mitsubishi Eclipse). Now, if I drove a Vette, Porsche, Jag or other more expensive and more exotic car, further reducing marring beyond 2 bucket washing would be something that would make me consider a wax like Vintage or Concorso (another wax which is supposed to release dirt very well).

Bert31
07-14-2008, 02:37 PM
my daughter loves high end waxes:D

Are you raising a future high maintenance gold digger?:D