PDA

View Full Version : Quick Fix for Water Spots

Largebore
07-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I think that if water-spots were one of the ten plagues, the ancient Egyptians would have given in earlier.

Water spots plague my detailing. I cannot get the car dry before the water-spots appear.
That is until today !

I washed the car as usual with my new handy dandy sprayer. It is a real cheapie, so I have no idea what concentration of water to suds I am using ,but it works fine, that is until I get my new foam gun which will allow me to fine tune the mix.

Anyway, rather than going directly to drying, I filled up the 4 ounce cannister with ONR and sprayed the car thoroughly. Fun, these sprayers are, almost like a water park.

Bottom line is that I did not have a single water-spot NOT ONE. I did dry the car of course but it was amazing to do so without having those water-spots covering the car...

I do not know if this is a novel idea. BUT IT REALLY WORKS !

RTexasF
07-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Now THAT is interesting!! I live in a hot area with coastal water and spotting simply can not be prevented, period. Is this the type of garden sprayer that attaches to the hose? Was this four ounces of ONR mixed with water? Pleas elaborate.
Thanks for a great idea.

Jimmie
07-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Yeah, great idea. So the 4oz was straight ONR? Might be worth experimenting with different dilutions for a better bang for the buck. Thanks.

Largebore
07-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes it was a $5.99 garden sprayer that attaches to the hose and has a 4 ounce bottle underneath. You can switch from all water to all of what is in the bottle mixed with water. You can mix at different dilutions as well but I have no idea as to what the ratios are.

Yes I just filled the bottle up with 4 oz of straight ONR and used it for the rinse rather than plain water. Remember the ONR did mix with the water going thru the nozzle, I just do not know what the dilution was.

richy
07-12-2008, 11:21 PM
After washing, I either use ONR in a spray bottle at QD strength or AW before drying the car..it works as a lube to reduce friction with the drying towel and also helps the shine a bit. ONR is an amazing product. It's my clay lube as well.