PDA

View Full Version : Rain Water

clambros
07-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone has considered, or used, rainwater to wash their cars ??

Here in North Georgia, with a level (4) draught, car washing @ your home is out of the question.

I was thinking of trapping the rain water, then using my AG water filters to "treat" the water before passing it to the pressure washer to wash my cars.

Could it be any worse than the 80-20 recycled water the local car washes use ??

Feed back please

ScottB
07-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I was original thinking of acid rain and industrial fallout. Maybe with the proper treatment, but would need professional advice.

sal329
07-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Why not 2 gallons of water and ONR inside the garage?

supercharged
07-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Just simply wash with Optimum No-Rinse or DP 4-in-1. You will only need about 2 gallons of water. And in your case just wash it in garage...
I don't understand, what difference does it makes on what you use water for anyway...I'd rather wash a car then give a dog a bath...I hate dogs...

Rsurfer
07-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Just simply wash with Optimum No-Rinse or DP 4-in-1. You will only need about 2 gallons of water. And in your case just wash it in garage...
I don't understand, what difference does it makes on what you use water for anyway...I'd rather wash a car then give a dog a bath...I hate dogs...e
Mans best friend, Super. Truly unconditional love.

DetailGuy
07-13-2008, 12:09 AM
I have about six 55 gal. and one 30 gal. plastic drums I picked up from a local car wash. I'm thinking of doing the same and filtering out the water to recycle. After the water is filtered, it should be just fine to wash the car with. Most of the car wash throw away the drums. I'm not in no drought or have any water restrictions, but it's basically free water, I already have the filters.

supercharged
07-13-2008, 06:39 AM
e
Mans best friend, Super. Truly unconditional love.
true...by with all the dogs I had, I never had to give them a bath...and I don't think it bothered them...