PDA

View Full Version : Product/pad Q's

blue oval
07-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a 2000 Camry that has never been detailed = war zone car. I do have a PC I intend to use. Compounds I have are Megs, heavy cut cleaner, fine cut cleaner, #80, #83. I'm used to using the Edge double side pads, but not apposed to using LC pads. Question begs, which pads and how many would it take to do a Camry with this awful a finish. It looks to me like a smaller dog must have jumped all over this car, front to back = light to heavy scratches not deep enough for a finger nail. It also looks as if boxes have been dragged across the (trunk, top of car) finish as well = surface scuffing/scratches.

Hopefully I can get the majority out using the right prods. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

vtec92civic
08-11-2008, 02:46 AM
well . . . after a lot of reading things could go a couple different ways. Depending on the person and car etc . . . you can use a between 2-3 sets of pads per car give or take. Some people like to have 2-3 or more of each color, and some people would just prefer to clean the pad after it gets a little caked up with stuff so it depends on you. without pics sounds like you could get away with orange, white, and black or orange white and blue.. It's nice to have atleast 2 of one color incase your pad gives out, gets eaten up by say bumping into the mirror or getting snagged on a corner. I hope that helps.

ScottB
08-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I used Megs #83 DACP and loved it (well not the dust). I would use an orange pad and # 83, then move to white pad with #83 after entire car shapes up. You then can use a grey finishing pad and their final polish to really jewel the paint.