PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang 3.0 Does it Again

ricka
07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Recently tried Wolfgang 3.0 Total Swirl Remover on my son's 2000 VW Passat. Used a PC with 4" orange and white pads. Given the hard VW paint, the process was fairly easy and came out great. As stated many times on this forum 4" pads with a PC is a must as 5.5" pads didn't do trick for paint correction.
In some respects I like the VW solid silver paint more than the silver metallic on my Audi. The wetness is amazing even with that color and topped with DWG gives it great depth as well.
Wolfgang 3.0 is a terrific product. No dusting either.
One downside is the paint finish looks so good that it highlighted some intermittent hail hits...Oh well.

67Customs
07-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Any pics?

mixxer
07-11-2008, 07:40 PM
:Picture::whs::Picture::autowash:

thesacrifice
07-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I've got a pic. From a BMW I just did. Used TSR with a 5.5 Orange pad and PC and then FG with a 5.5 White pad and PC. One pass of each.

Unlike the thread starter, I get dusting with both products as is very evident in the picture (didnt do a thorough whipe down before snapping the pic)

This was the first time I used the 3.0s. Still some things to figure out, not quite sure how to tell when they've broken completely down.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/thesacrifice/bmw.jpg

ricka
07-15-2008, 07:06 AM
I've got a pic. From a BMW I just did. Used TSR with a 5.5 Orange pad and PC and then FG with a 5.5 White pad and PC. One pass of each.

Unlike the thread starter, I get dusting with both products as is very evident in the picture (didnt do a thorough whipe down before snapping the pic)

This was the first time I used the 3.0s. Still some things to figure out, not quite sure how to tell when they've broken completely down.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/thesacrifice/bmw.jpg
I didn't get any dusting from the TSR but the glaze dries too quickly for my taste. Mixed in a little OP and voila, dusting gone. The glaze isn't as nice as DWG though.

thesacrifice
07-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Well the 3.0 Glaze isn't really a glaze..it's a polish where as DWG is a true glaze.

ricka
07-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Well the 3.0 Glaze isn't really a glaze..it's a polish where as DWG is a true glaze.

And, therein lies the problem with labeling these days...

Bunky
07-15-2008, 06:42 PM
I just purchased the WG 3.0 duo and I am looking forward to using them.

thesacrifice
07-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Used them again today.

TSR is definitely a keeper, still not convinced on the FG. The pad kept shedding purple booger sized globs of it as I worked.

The TSR however worked flawlessly and finished down LSP ready, especially on a daily driver.