PDA

View Full Version : hola! im back!

Pages : [1] 2

Kelso
07-29-2006, 11:40 PM
well chances are nobody really noticed but i just got home after being out of the country for 2 weeks! ive been in costa rica for the surf and just the experience and let me say....that country tempts me to leave the usa for the good old costa rica....i loved it there, honestly. and i know Surfer will love this...on thursday it was over double overheard at playa hermosa near jaco where we were. honestly there was 15 foot high sets rolling in, phenomenal....lots of surfing and lots of exploring....and well since i was legal at 18- lots of partying:cheers: :cheers:

Surfer
07-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Surfer will love this...on thursday it was over double overheard at playa hermosa near jaco where we were. honestly there was 15 foot high sets rolling in, phenomenal....lots of surfing and lots of exploring....and well since i was legal at 18- lots of partying:cheers: :cheers::awesome:I'm grabbing my board and paddling out, meet you in a few, you got some cajones to paddle out in 15ft sets :D

My buddy was out at Teahupoo (however the hell you spell it lol), and couple other places for a few months with a small group of people. Billbong paid for everything. Pics he had at Teahupoo were absolutley sick.

Kelso
07-30-2006, 10:35 AM
id never in my life surf chopes...ever....

Surfer
07-30-2006, 10:46 AM
id never in my life surf chopes...ever....Yup, you won't see me out there either lol
http://www.coastview.com.au/images/uploads/chopes_mckenna_350X.jpg

My uncle will do runs and tow-ins at Mavericks, Jaws etc. He'll hang with Laird Hamilton and few other guys. He wanted me to try, said hell no lol, I've done some crazy sh!t but you won't see me in the line up at those areas lol. I used to joke around and say they all had death wishes.

Where he lives in Hawaii, one of the guys from Metallica moved next door (gotta find out which one, I forgot), and they've been out surfing a lot, said he's cool as hell. Now I just gotta remember which band member it was lol.

Kelso
07-30-2006, 12:03 PM
i heard one of them likes to surf, i think the bassist or drummer....probably bassist. those guys are freakin nuts for surfing that stuff.id hang out with laird but id never get towed into something like that

Surfer
07-30-2006, 12:18 PM
i heard one of them likes to surf, i think the bassist or drummer....probably bassist. those guys are freakin nuts for surfing that stuff.id hang out with laird but id never get towed into something like thatCan't believe I don't remember which one it was. He called me up and said guess whose my new neighbor, so and so from Metallica we went out surfing a few times already. Actually I left him a message earlier, "which guy from Metallica is next door?" lol. I was supposed to go down this summer, I just want to say I surfed with Metallica:righton:

I've been out to Mavericks and Jaws to watch. My unlce really tried to get me in, and I almost did at Jaws but backed down, me = sissy boy when I see waves that heavy:D . Sorry I've seen what happens when people eat it on waves like that, I don't want any part of that LOL. Especially Mavericks, the waves there are heavy as hell, you fall, damn good chance your gonna be maimed or dead. You can be up at the beach in aplaces with waves liek that, and the ground kinda shakes and sounds like thunder when they break.

But Laird and acouple of the old school type guys are even more nutz, even though they do tow ins now. Before that all started, they would paddle out into those sets, that...is...just....insane.

FloridaNative
07-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Hola Kelso! Me alegro que has regresado! I noticed that you were gone. I was wondering where you had gone off to. Costa Rica is a beautiful country. I'm glad that you had such a great time and it's good to see your smiling font again. :) Welcome back compay. :)

Surfer, was it Lars Ulrich who moved next door?

Kelso
07-30-2006, 07:15 PM
my most used line down there was " uhhhhh sorry me espanol es no bueno...uhhh...mas despacio por favor

yea mavericks is crazy.... all i ever think of is mark foo. id never be able to go out there thinking of a wave that can kill a champ like him.rediculous.

we went through some pretty sketchy stuff there....staying at 7 dollar a night rooms and getting dropped off at a reef from a boat by a one eyed driver. ####### didnt come back for us either:mad:

Surfer
07-30-2006, 07:45 PM
For those that have no idea what we're talking about lol, here's a pic from Jaws and Mavericks

Jaws:
http://www.surfersvillage.com/img/news/15214.jpg

Mavericks:
http://www.mavsurfer.com/frank_quirarte/fq_photo_archive/mavericks_03_09_05/images/zach_bomb.jpg

FloridaNative
07-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Oh my gosh!! That first pic reminds me of that scene in the Perfect Storm. :eek:

Kelso
07-30-2006, 08:42 PM
this is one of the scariest waves ever.... shane dorian deep inside the barrel at teahupoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrLwplwxq3Q&search=teahupoo

he is surfing just over a very sharp coral reef - fyi for the non surfers lol

heres a vid from shark park. i think the first wave almost killed garrett. he caughed up lots of blood.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9CM4Xjls_A&search=shark%20park

Surfer
07-30-2006, 09:03 PM
this is one of the scariest waves ever.... shane dorian deep inside the barrel at teahupoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrLwplwxq3Q&search=teahupoo

he is surfing just over a very sharp coral reef - fyi for the non surfers lol

heres a vid from shark park. i think the first wave almost killed garrett. he caughed up lots of blood.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9CM4Xjls_A&search=shark%20parkLike Pipeline with the reef, you fall, your gonna get drilled:D

It's funny with everything I've done from sky diving, auto racing, boat racing with fam (90+ in the ocean is scary in chop), tubing at 60+ mph which, jumping off a big cliff into the Chatahoochie etc. But when it comes to surifng and a few particular waves, you won't catch me in the water at some of those places. I've been on the lookout at Jaws and the sound those waves make when breaking sends chills up your spine, plus I've seen what happened to guys who wiped out....no thanks lol.

Kelso
07-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Like Pipeline with the reef, you fall, your gonna get drilled:D

when the wave breaks here dont be there or your gonna get drilled:p :p

oh man, please tell me that was a north shore referance... that movie is hilarious! ( by the way ben stillers making a surf comedy soon, should be as funny as north shore, or better)

Surfer
07-30-2006, 10:31 PM
when the wave breaks here dont be there or your gonna get drilled:p :p

oh man, please tell me that was a north shore referance... that movie is hilarious! ( by the way ben stillers making a surf comedy soon, should be as funny as north shore, or better)No, actually I really meant it LOL. You fall at Pipeline I'd say theres a 90% chance you'll get run into the reef.

Actually, now when I think of that saying, sounds like something outta Blue Crush? Surf comedy, I have to see that :D . I'm sure you've seen Step Into Liquid, but did you see the makers other movie From Dust to Glory? It was on the Baja 1000, insane, but I love racing and love the Baja series. Buddy and I are planning on going out there sometime and taking the course for Baja Racing, get to hop into a Trophy Truck (imagine 700+ hp offroad) :awesome:

FloridaNative
07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Like Pipeline with the reef, you fall, your gonna get drilled:D

It's funny with everything I've done from sky diving, auto racing, boat racing with fam (90+ in the ocean is scary in chop), tubing at 60+ mph which, jumping off a big cliff into the Chatahoochie etc. But when it comes to surifng and a few particular waves, you won't catch me in the water at some of those places. I've been on the lookout at Jaws and the sound those waves make when breaking sends chills up your spine, plus I've seen what happened to guys who wiped out....no thanks lol.

I didn't know that the Chatahoochee went into SC too! Cool! I learn something new everyday. :)