PDA

View Full Version : my PC sat out in the rain

dublifecrisis
07-10-2008, 02:16 PM
ok, so since my neighbor basically went in half on my initial AG order a few months back so I don't hesitate to let him have access to to my PC and any detailing supplies for that matter. He was doing a cleaner wax on his boat and left my PC out in a pretty heavy rain. He blew it out with a compressor and let it sit for a couple days. I haven't tested it yet but he did and said it still works perfectly.

In short, should I oil anything or do anything else to it or just keep using it as I have? He said he would order a new one if it craps out but I guess it's ok.

maybe I should go ahead and move up to a Rotary :righton:

wisemonkey
07-10-2008, 02:36 PM
you should be fine I my self have left power tools in the rain and have not had a problem
has long has its completely dri you wont have a problem

ScottB
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
might wanna call Porter Cable as possible ...

dublifecrisis
07-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm gonna give it a test this weekend. Even though I've only used it 6-7 times, I'm pretty familiar with the sound, vibration, etc so if I detect anything unusual, I'm going to either find a local PC service center OR just replace it.

DetailGuy
07-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I left my DeWalt Reciprocating saw when it rained, I took it inside and blew out all the water with the air compressor real good. It still works like new.