PDA

View Full Version : 69 Jag

gotgone
07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
A friend from our church has asked me to clean up some of his car collection. The first one he wants done is a 69 jag. The engine is not too bad but needs a good cleaning. He wants the engine clean but not looking like a car on a dealers lot. Clean but not shiney. I figured on using gunk or simple green and a power washer. Does this sound acceptable? The car also has chrome wire wheels which he says are factory. There is some pitting and small rust spots. He wants to try cleaning them up. He said he would rather not rechrome unless absolutely necessary. What would be a good method for these? Thanks for any suggestions.
He also has two 70 mustangs, two Panteras and a Ferrari. Daily drivers are a Hummer and a BMW. He wants me to do all of them. The interesting thing is when the jag is done he wants me to drive it back and forth for a while, just to in his words " air it out" Not sure what I am getting myself into. He said money is not an issue.

Largebore
07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
What kind of carberation does he have? Those Webbers are really sensitive devils...

gotgone
07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
It has dual webers I believe.