PDA

View Full Version : Between Wheel Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

Reddwarf
07-29-2006, 04:36 PM
I’ve been using DP Wheel Glaze for a few weeks now. I really love the stuff! The wheels look great and I have not had to use wheel cleaner every time I wash the car.

I washed the car today and just used soap and water on the wheels (via a Foam Gun – I love the Foam Gun!!). Afterwards, I wiped the wheels down with an MF and I was surprised at how much dirt came off. I don’t want to have to apply wheel glaze every week so what can I use between applications to make the wheels clean?

Will a brush with soap and water during the wash be too rough on the wheel glaze? Is it okay to use a QD?

supercharged
07-29-2006, 05:20 PM
OXO brush, soap and water.
Reapply Wheel Glaze every 3-4 weeks.

scooterguitar
07-29-2006, 05:26 PM
My problem is that the wheels get so bad and no wax or soap ever stay son long. Soap usually doesn't cut it with the sealers and i end up having use a cleaner which usually takes off any wax or sealer on it.

dengood1
07-29-2006, 07:37 PM
That's my problem with wheel glazes/sealants. They don't have much durability. For such a hard part of the vehicle to apply to, who's going to do it weekly? Just a thought.....something they can improve on.

dengood1
07-29-2006, 07:38 PM
That's my problem with wheel glazes/sealants. They don't have much durability. For such a hard part of the vehicle to apply to, who's going to do it weekly? Just a thought.....something they can improve on.

I didn't mention I have 2 tubs of the stuff......it does make the wheels look great though!

Reddwarf
07-29-2006, 09:28 PM
It has worked well on my Jaguar, not so well on the Nissan. Seems to have a lot more brake dust on the Nissan.

Surfer
07-29-2006, 09:31 PM
I find AIO to work better. Going a month and a half now on my chrome wheels and just starting to lose the beading/sheeting action it had before. Just hose off and dirt comes off, wipe down with a micro and it picks what little was left. And that's going through all the rain we had, and sometimes not washing fora couple weeks b/c of the weather (when I went to the lakehouse my truck was covered in bugs/dirt etc).

I was going to try EX-P over it as I saw some others do on the other boards, but AIO seems to have better staying power then wheel waxes and sealents.

Jonboy
07-30-2006, 05:23 AM
I've tried a few things on mine Wheel wax, PB's wheel sealant(fav at mo) Collinite 845 and AIO.

The Wheel wax :( disappointed

845 nice durability easy to apply :)

AIO also worked well but not as good durability as 845

PB's wheel sealant :D good durability and nice shine my choice at the moment also looks :awesome: topped with Souveran.

Not tried DP so i can't comment

ScottB
07-30-2006, 08:53 AM
I use a damp micro with a little car soap ....

pt91
07-30-2006, 10:01 AM
I have used a few products on wheels and find myself using OCW the most because it is really easy and fast. Applies like a QD!

Reddwarf
07-30-2006, 02:06 PM
I have used a few products on wheels and find myself using OCW the most because it is really easy and fast. Applies like a QD!

I've gotten pretty good with the acronyms, but this one eludes me. What is "OCW"?

Surfer
07-30-2006, 02:37 PM
I've gotten pretty good with the acronyms, but this one eludes me. What is "OCW"?Optimum Car Wax. I never thought to use it on wheels, pry won't, it sprays every where, don't want it on my brakes or getting in the calipers etc. What I'm going to do is AIO but now topped with Aquawax since it has great durability and pretty damn slick, stuff should just wash right off. I just don't want an spray stuff on my brakes lol.

pt91
07-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Optimum Car Wax. I never thought to use it on wheels, pry won't, it sprays every where, don't want it on my brakes or getting in the calipers etc. What I'm going to do is AIO but now topped with Aquawax since it has great durability and pretty damn slick, stuff should just wash right off. I just don't want an spray stuff on my brakes lol.

I don't spray it directly on my wheels. I spray it on a MF pad or small towel and wipe it on. Much faster than the others I have tried.

Waxmax
07-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I use AIO followed by OCW or AW (sprayed on a MF, then wiped on the wheel). Sometimes I'll follow the AIO with 845 as well.

joe.p
07-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I use AIO followed by OCW or AW (sprayed on a MF, then wiped on the wheel). Sometimes I'll follow the AIO with 845 as well.
Have you used the AW enough to come to any conclusions.
I use it after every cleanup on my Aussie BBQ grill at this point clean up seems easier. I can't attest to durability because i use it often besides i'm not sure there would be any due to the extreme heat..