PDA

View Full Version : Need Product layering info help

fixer
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi All, My name is Frank!

I want to layer the top coat with different companies product, but not sure if it will work. My two cars I will detail are both silver color, one 2004 other 2006 model year. Located in the Philippines--very hot all year around and rain at night every other day and my house over-looks the ocean, (about 400 feet to water). My friend in New Jersey ships we product from the States--I am in the Philippines for the next 5 years of my contract on US Government Business. Therefore I would like to order very soon, but I need help.

Before I get to my Question this is the prep I will do in the order listed:
a) Wash with Mother Gold, b) Clay with Meg, c) Polish with P21S Gloss Enhancement paintwork cleaner, d) Glaze with 3M Imp Hand Glaze.

My Question: First Top Coat I want to apply NXT 2.0 paste , then Klasse Gross Sealant Glaze, than P21S paste wax.

1) Will it work and add value to the detail job?----Hoping that the Klasse will increase looks and life to the NXT 2.0, and the P21S wax will bring layer look. I know to wait one day for set-up for the NXT and Klasse before applying another top coat, and the P21S paste wax will need to be redone each month. But that is a small amount of work as compared to all the prep work that I am hoping will last for a year or more.

2) Or would it work better to use Liq Glass in place of Klasse over NXT 2.0 paste.

3) Or can Klasse or Liq Glass be the last layer coat over the P21S that is over the NXT. Since both Klasse and Liq Glass will last over a year. I was planning on one coating ofr each product.

Hope someone can help me out!

Thanks,

PS: I need to purchase all products but the 3M Glaze and Auto Geek has them all as listed above plus the many other detailing products that will be needed. I like to mix best of class products (best of class as related to price with performance when all the parts are added together).

MadOzodi
07-08-2008, 11:27 AM
glaze -> sealant -> wax as a general rule. Since I'm not familiar with any of those products other than the Klasse SG, I can't really add anything else.

Bring back a ton of longanisa!!! :D

ScottB
07-08-2008, 04:52 PM
NXT 2.0 has calcified kaolin and might remove some or all of a previous wax or sealant. Since Klasse SG is more durable too, I would just do Klasse SG and wax, one coat each.

fixer
07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks Both of you for your reply.

But please tell me if someone knows:

1) Can MEG's NXT 2.0 paste go over 3M Imp hand Glaze without removing the 3M product.

2) Can Klasse High Gloss Sealant go over MEG's NXT 2.0.

3) Can Klasse High Gloss Sealant go over P21S paste wax.

4) Can Liq Glass replace Klasse in # 2 and #3 above. Also which is better in the above application Liq Glass or Klasse.

Thanks,
Frank