PDA

View Full Version : Detailing - Fireworks fallout

bogusjack
07-06-2008, 05:14 PM
HI,

I live in Pennsylvania and the use of class b fireworks are illegal. Needless to say, a neighbor has to entertain himself each year by lighting off the biggest array of fireworks he can afford. This year my car's were in the garage. However, my mother's car received a great deal of firework fallout. By fallout I mean orange colored gun powder which is dusted all over her trunk, roof and hood of the car. She has a silver car and there are spots of blue. The spots of blue appear to have occurred because of the heat from the fallout on the car burned a spot on the paint.

Would some of you offer advice on what you would do to with getting this orange dust off the vehicle and any thoughts on whether or not paint can be actually burned from a firework?

thesacrifice
07-06-2008, 05:48 PM
time to have a heart to heart with the neighbor

ScottB
07-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I had a firework burn the hood on a past vehicle, needless to say I finally needed to have it professionally repainted.

TObleRONE
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

HHIslander
07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Would some of you offer advice on what you would do to with getting this orange dust off the vehicle and any thoughts on whether or not paint can be actually burned from a firework?

yeah,,,, get your neighbors insurance information...

Dust2Glory
07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
try claying it... but yes I would try to solve it civil like, if no compliance then sue. Make sure to take pictures, especially if you can take pics of the firework trash or whatnot

bogusjack
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I spent about an hour washing the car yesterday. After going over it carefully, it appears that there are only 2 marks in the clearcoat. They are small enough to live with. I guess I got pretty lucky considering how bad it look initially.

Strokin04
07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I spent about an hour washing the car yesterday. After going over it carefully, it appears that there are only 2 marks in the clearcoat. They are small enough to live with. I guess I got pretty lucky considering how bad it look initially.

Are you afraid of the neighbor or something?:confused: I don't care how small the marks are, if someone damages my property and I know who did it then they better plan on paying to fix it, period. I work to hard for my stuff to just let others trash it, and for me to just sit back and say "oh well, I can live with it".

eltabor
07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I agree with bogusjack. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. Filing insurance claims raises everyone's rates. I am sure there was no bad intent. Neighbor was just celebrating our right to live without fear of reprisal from , I'll leave it at that

Strokin04
07-09-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree with bogusjack. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. Filing insurance claims raises everyone's rates. I am sure there was no bad intent. Neighbor was just celebrating our right to live without fear of reprisal from , I'll leave it at that

Did you read my post??? I never said harm the neighbor or file an insurance claim. Just that I would let him know that he damaged my property and that I expect it fixed.