PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning MF Towels

Henrick
07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey folks! Second post here. The first one was my intro post (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/14237-overseas-message.html).

Last night (does anybody here besides me detail in saturday nights?) after a great weekly detail session I took all my MF towels and soak 'em up in plain water.

BUT tonight I had an idea: I thought some soap would help me to bring these babies back in shape. So instead of use just clean water I put some coconut liquid soap. Everything was ok, but after I read the label and the chemical composition I was spooked. Here is the soap composition: base soap, sequestrant, alkalanizing, essence, water and optical bleach.

Since microfiber towels aren't bleach friendly, I'd like to know if I did something wrong and if my MF towels will get scratchy. Any chemist reading?

Thank's!

Rsurfer
07-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey folks! Second post here. The first one was my intro post (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/14237-overseas-message.html).

Last night (does anybody here besides me detail in saturday nights?) after a great weekly detail session I took all my MF towels and soak 'em up in plain water.

BUT tonight I had an idea: I thought some soap would help me to bring these babies back in shape. So instead of use just clean water I put some coconut liquid soap. Everything was ok, but after I read the label and the chemical composition I was spooked. Here is the soap composition: base soap, sequestrant, alkalanizing, essence, water and optical bleach.

Since microfiber towels aren't bleach friendly, I'd like to know if I did something wrong and if my MF towels will get scratchy. Any chemist reading?

Thank's!You mean you have never used soap to clean your MFs? Yes, mf and bleach is not a good combo. Wash it several times in plain Tide and see what happens.

ScottB
07-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I just use any of the commercially available MF specific soaps, and have never had an issue. Microrestore is on sale currently too.