PDA

View Full Version : Average time to polish a car (2wice) with 3401?

Pages : [1] 2

m4gician
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey guys,

For the purpose of giving an estimate, how long would it take to polish a medium sized car (nissan maxima/toyota camry) twice over with menz sip and 106ff with the flex 3401?

I have LC and Sonus pads.

blkyukon
07-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey guys,

For the purpose of giving an estimate, how long would it take to polish a medium sized car (nissan maxima/toyota camry) twice over with menz sip and 106ff with the flex 3401?

I have LC and Sonus pads.

Time will vary so it can average anywhere from 4 hours to 8 hours to polish a car that size. The amount of time spent polishing will depend on machine speed, pressure, outside temp. humidity, condition of the car, etc....

ScottB
07-06-2008, 06:15 PM
I was thinking 4 hours minimum with Flex, thats about what my Vette takes with SIP/106FF. With PC it took about 6 hours to do correctly.

blacknblu
07-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I did a Honda Civic yesterday with the 3401 and 106ff. It took about 4.5 hours for polishing (1x with white pad, and 1x with gray). I probably could have been done sooner if I was using SIP as there were quite a few areas I had to go over twice/three times to remove swirls.

sal329
07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Really depends on the condition of the paint 4+ hours

m4gician
07-07-2008, 12:41 AM
4+ hours eh? Okay, that sounds reasonable.

MadOzodi
07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Hell, I'd block off a whole Saturday and Sunday...you never know what you'll run into. Of course, I'm frikkin slow so take that with a grain of salt.

mixxer
07-07-2008, 04:04 PM
4-6 for true 2 step

m4gician
07-07-2008, 05:08 PM
4-6 for true 2 step

Excellent, thanks for your help guys.

conan777
07-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Wow, unless you have very nice paint to start off with that easily cleans up I would be hard pressed to finish a 2 step polishing job in under 10 hrs. 4-5 hours is flying! how do you guys break down your polish that fast and yet still remove the swirls.

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Wow, unless you have very nice paint to start off with that easily cleans up I would be hard pressed to finish a 2 step polishing job in under 10 hrs. 4-5 hours is flying! how do you guys break down your polish that fast and yet still remove the swirls.

I agree, but then again it shows you who knows how to actually detail a vehicle correctly.

ss-truck
07-21-2008, 07:05 PM
WOW 4-5 hours , but then that is on a cured paint job . Last time I did my show car (black ) spent nearly a week . But as one person mentioned that he is slow , so am I and I would have to take breaks to calm down and diagnose what step to do next .

Old Pirate
07-21-2008, 07:29 PM
This is a hard one to say, without knowing the condition of the paint. I would say 6-9 hrs and that's if everything is working out fine, and if the customer wants a perfect finish then i say see you in a couple of days.........

conan777
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree, but then again it shows you who knows how to actually detail a vehicle correctly.
I may not have the experience of many on this forum but I've certainly detailed enough cars to say I know what I am doing. I have tried speeding up my process many times and tried different polishes,pads, and amounts of polish all in different combos and always found that when I tried going too fast the end result was less than stellar correction. Now if a customer just wants a quick turn around and isn't looking for a perfect finish then fine but in that case why bother with a 2 step? you could get away with just doing something like SIP and go LSP???

This is a hard one to say, without knowing the condition of the paint. I would say 6-9 hrs and that's if everything is working out fine, and if the customer wants a perfect finish then i say see you in a couple of days.........
:whs:absolutely

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-21-2008, 08:02 PM
I may not have the experience of many on this forum but I've certainly detailed enough cars to say I know what I am doing. I have tried speeding up my process many times and tried different polishes,pads, and amounts of polish all in different combos and always found that when I tried going too fast the end result was less than stellar correction. Now if a customer just wants a quick turn around and isn't looking for a perfect finish then fine but in that case why bother with a 2 step? you could get away with just doing something like SIP and go LSP???

:whs:absolutely

I think you took my post wrong, I was agreeing with you as far as needing more than 4-5 hours for a two step polishing. Was commenting on others, once again I agree with this post also.