PDA

View Full Version : How to clean CCS foam buffing pads?

grambow
07-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I just finished detailing my 2005 lava orange Mazda 3 with the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover kit. I am wondering how I should clean and store my three CCS foam buffing pads (orange, white, and blue).
I am hoping there is a common household cleaner that can be used as I would like to avoid spending more money on the specific pad cleaner.
Thanks in advance for your help!

pricha00
07-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Heres how I do it but I am a rookie not an expert. I usually just spray the pad with some diluted Castrol Super Clean and then allow them to sit for a few minutes. Then I take over to the sink and put a small amount of dish soap on the pad, soak with water and agitate mixture in my kneading with my fingers and squeezing the pad to introduce soap throughout the foam. Then I liberally soak and squeeze pad until the soap has been removed. Lay flat on the counter, velcro side up and allow to dry overnight. Once dry place in a zip lock bag to keep the crud in the air off of them. It works for me so far.

Pat.

Jimmie
07-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Pad cleaners are worth it. If you don't have one yet I'd use Dawn Power Disolver. Spray, work it in, rinse, and then rinse some more. Spin dry on #4 setting.

sal329
07-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I spray with Dawn Power dissolve, aggitate, let em sit in warm water as I clean the other pads, then take the first one I put in the water out and rinse and work out all the product and dawn, hang in the garage to dry. I store them back in the package they came in and place them in my bin

ScottB
07-06-2008, 06:18 PM
DP Citrus Pad Cleaner is a great product ... I use it often.

Junebug
07-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Dawn Power Disolver for me, cheap and doesn't take your breath away like some cleaners.

tripperfx3
07-08-2008, 01:49 PM
I really like XMT's pad cleaner, but it does gag you.