PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newbie!

RedlineRulz
07-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Just purchased an '08 Sky Redline that is black so I joined to keep up on the latest auto detailing tips and tricks to keep it looking as amazing as it does now! I LOVE THIS CAR!! :righton: It seems to be a well kept secret as I had no idea how super cool it is. Most people probably think it's like a Miata so they aren't interested, but it's more like a Vette...only prettier :D.

ScottB
07-05-2008, 03:38 PM
those cars are cute for sure, I hope you got the turbocharged version for some added fun. Get the Souveran Sizzling Shine kit now, your gonna want/need it. Welcome !

Howard Golding
07-05-2008, 08:23 PM
I also have a black 2008 redline, quite a car. It gets constant looks and compliments since there are so few of them on the road. My car shines like a mirror. You can brush your teeth in the mirror reflection. Try using Black Magic polish. You will not believe the shine you get. The wax is not expensive but it does an unreal job. It was rated Number 1 by consumers reports. Also, layer the wax by the third application you are done. If you still add more wax it will not enhance the shine. It is the law of dominishing returns. Try it and let me know if you liked it.

RedlineRulz
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome Killr. Yes, it is the turbo; the Sky's w/out the turbo are not called Redline, just base model. Will the Souveran help w/water spots? I keep the car garaged, but I hear even rain can cause spots. Pretty scary! Although I've owned black cars before and don't recall rain doing that, plus I live in a smaller town w/no air pollution...so I'm hoping no spots!

RedlineRulz
07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
3 layers of wax?! I barely have time to wax a car once, much less 3 times. You're right about the car though. I've never seen so many people driving turned sideways in their seats! I just know my car is going to cause an accident. But, I think even if nobody else liked it I'd still love it. I have had some fast cars before so that's not new to me, but there is something about this car. Only thing that makes me nervous is what I said in my response to Killr. Guess we'll see...