PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Do?

Darren F
07-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Washed my car last night but as I finished it started to rain...Was going to use an AIO then top it with a sealer. Car has been sitting in my garage over night... Can I just apply the AIO right onto the car? Should I rinse off the car first? Use a QD first? Also keep in mind I have a Black car so I do not want to scratch it....

ScottB
07-29-2006, 08:01 AM
If you washed and dryed it last night, then you should have no problems with moving to AIO this morning. You might wanna run a quick duster or a soft micro over the tops just to pickup any dust before starting.

Darren F
07-29-2006, 09:06 AM
not going to be able to get to it till later today, should that make a difference? Would going over the car with some QD help ?

scooterguitar
07-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Yes, use a QD preferably something like S&W, nothing w/nuba or lots of protection, htne gaian any should work because the AIO will clean it off.

Darren F
07-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Just got home and it turns out my wife drove my car.....She said it was only to her parents house about 5 miles away....Do I need to rewash it before I use AIO on it or can I use QD than put on the AIO?

scooterguitar
07-29-2006, 11:50 AM
No. The biggest thing to worry abotu is if there is any dust or light dirt. A MF and QD will take it right off. If it makes you feel better you can wash it, you won't have to take alot of time, maybe a quick rinse and wipe, quick dry. The AIO will take off any water marks, etc left behind from the quick dry. Make sense? When you get finished with the AIO, get your first coat of seale ron right away, that way you'll be protected for when it gets driven, then start layering your sealer as you wish, right away or with every wash. Usually 2-3 coats is more than adequate.

mixxer
07-29-2006, 12:12 PM
rinse with a hose ,dry and QD .

ScottB
07-30-2006, 09:02 AM
I would rewash even after one block ... but then again, I have seen what even a grain of sand does to a black car. Id be careful now, versus needing to redo everything later. To each their own ...

FloridaNative
07-30-2006, 02:26 PM
I agree with Killr. Better safe than sorry.

dengood1
07-30-2006, 03:23 PM
"A stitch in time saves nine"