PDA

View Full Version : Must you be fastidious with MF towels??

pricha00
07-03-2008, 05:56 PM
I was trying out my replacement UDM today and it does seem to run alot better and way less vibration than my previous unit. Anyways, when I was done going over a section I proceeded to spritz with a 50/50 alcohol/water mix and then use a freshly laundered MF towel to buff off residue. Under the halogen light I was shocked to see one large scratch appear as I removed the haze. I could see it forming at the exact angle I was rubbing the finish and I am sure it wasn't there before I hit the finish with the towel. Towel was just washed and allowed to air dry in my garage. It is one of those Target brand( Vroom??) orange towels. I can't see any dirt on it but I guess that doesn't mean its not there. I usually use my towels for various jobs and then launder with Zero and let naturally dry. Should I be investing in better towels for buffing the paint? My drying towel seems alot plusher, maybe get a few more of those and cut to size? I don't want to polish the paint and then just re-introduce scratches as I buff the polsih off. Any advice on storage and washing to avoid contaminating my MF would be great.

Pat.

Also happy Independance Day to all you Americans. You have a great country and I am glad to call you my neighbour.

ScottB
07-03-2008, 07:12 PM
remember to try the cd test when in doubt ... easier to toss Abba's Greatest Offerings than to grab the buffer and Menzerna.

Brace1
07-03-2008, 07:17 PM
remember to try the cd test when in doubt ... easier to toss Abba's Greatest Hints than to grab the buffer and Menzerna.

Abba's Greatest Hits.. :D

Good advice though.

Bunky
07-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I like ABBA.

Rsurfer
07-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Whos ABBA?

pricha00
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Cmon, everyone has heard the song Dancing Queen. Best band to come out of Sweden. Sadly I don't own any of their CD's so I will have to try another long forgotten band to try my luck with.

Pat.

Bunky
07-04-2008, 06:51 AM
ABBA continues to make money through the play Mama Mia (playing in many locales) and now it has been made into a movie with the same name with Meryl Streep, Brosnan, Dalton, Hugh Grant, etc.

pricha00
07-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Boy did this thread get off topic fast!!!!!!!!!

Pat.

ScottB
07-04-2008, 07:43 AM
can to imagine what might have happened if I suggested Neil Diamond !

pricha00
07-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Or Englebert Humperdink.......