PDA

View Full Version : Polishing windows

killrflake
07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I've noticed when many of the members describe their details they mention how they polished the windows with a PC and maybe Klasse AIO or the like. Most of the time I use Stoners glass cleaner with MF cloth and have been pleased with the results. My question is, is there a benefit to polishing your windows over just giving them a good cleaning with a MF and cleaner.

Jimmie
07-01-2008, 09:30 PM
IMO steady cleanings with a good glass cleaner is all that is needed to keep them shiney and sheading H2O well.

killrflake
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the responce jimmie and zoranc. Thats what I felt, but thought there may be some benefit that I was missing out on. Again, thanks

mixxer
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I polish all outside glass on every customers car i do with pc and KAIO. For a couple of reasons

- most people dont maintain the glass therefore its nasty and a glass cleaner and a towel aint gonna cut it.

- just by using the pad itself with the klasse it will remove light imperfections in the glass.

-dont have to do glass by hand

- leave the glass sealed and the water rolls off without turning on the wipers.

-removes light water spots

- helps protect glass from getting water spots.

TObleRONE
07-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I polish all outside glass on every customers car i do with pc and KAIO. For a couple of reasons

- most people dont maintain the glass therefore its nasty and a glass cleaner and a towel aint gonna cut it.

- just by using the pad itself with the klasse it will remove light imperfections in the glass.

-dont have to do glass by hand

- leave the glass sealed and the water rolls off without turning on the wipers.

-removes light water spots

- helps protect glass from getting water spots.

I use KAIO on my windows as well. One question: I read somewhere KLASSE does not recommend using KAIO on windshields. Of course, I read that after I used it on my windshield :rolleyes:. I haven't experienced any problems though. Does anyone know why KLASSE does not recommend use on windshields?

ScottB
07-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I find that an occasional hand polishing with DP Glass Restorer just keeps them squeakly clean. I dont use/like Rain-X and still have super beading and clean glass.

4fit?
07-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I use Duragloss NuGlass (http://autogeek.net/duragloss-nu-glass.html). Been using it for years by hand with no problems.

sal329
07-02-2008, 07:08 PM
From looking at cars detailed by people on the boards I have read a lot of people using KAIO and also DG 501. I have yet to try either

Largebore
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I use IZ Glas wax with a glass polishing pad on my pc.
nice really nice and smooth. way easier to keep clean after that treatment.

ricka
07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
DG 501 is my go-to polish on glass. Hand apply, wipe off and leaves the glass oh so smooth. Even better, try claying it first. Rain just flies off when driving.

tonyspop
07-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Can you clay windows?I personally like rain-x,on the feeway no wipers needed:D

ricka
07-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Can you clay windows?I personally like rain-x,on the feeway no wipers needed:D

Yes you can absolutely clay windows. Normally its just the windshield that's needed as it receives the most debris. Leaves the glass silky smooth.

blacknblu
07-03-2008, 08:46 AM
I used to use a product called Glass Wax by Gold Seal. I haven't seen it for a number of years now, so it may not be offered anymore. That stuff was awesome, and only cost around $3 a can (that may be why it's not offered anymore).