PDA

View Full Version : Vinegar in with wash soap??

YankeeFan
06-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Is this a possible solution to removing water spots instead of using a vinegar and water mixture after the wash? Reason I ask is, now that it is summertime I get water spots all over (I'm looking into why my house water softener isn't doing the job anymore) as the sun is drying up the water faster than I can wipe it dry. Will the vinegar affect the suds or soap in anyway?

Howard

Jimmie
06-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Don't know how or why this works but a capful of ONR in your wash bucket helps cut down waterspots.

TOGWT
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Vinegar is acidic, a car wash oncentrate is alkaline. Mixing these solutions will result is a slightly less alkaline soap, which will do nothing for 'water spots'

YankeeFan
06-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Vinegar is acidic, a car wash oncentrate is alkaline. Mixing these solutions will result is a slightly less alkaline soap, which will do nothing for 'water spots'

was hoping you would chime in......thanks

Howard

hondajake
06-30-2008, 05:53 PM
what is ONR?

ScottB
06-30-2008, 06:02 PM
optimum no rinse

barryscott
06-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Don't know how or why this works but a capful of ONR in your wash bucket helps cut down waterspots.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try next time i wash,

Anto
07-01-2008, 06:12 AM
You can try using a 2 gallon lawn sprayer with some distilled water in it. I have a gallon size of this and it works good for sheeting water off the car - I just wish I had bought a bigger container.

blacknblu
07-01-2008, 10:14 AM
You can try using a 2 gallon lawn sprayer with some distilled water in it. I have a gallon size of this and it works good for sheeting water off the car - I just wish I had bought a bigger container.
So you rinse your car with distilled water? The lawn sprayer you mention, is it the type one would dispense pesticides?

Aside from ONR, is there something that may be mixed with rinse water that would prevent water spots? If someone were to rinse with a foam gun, is there a chemical that could be used to prevent the water spots?

YankeeFan
07-01-2008, 11:28 AM
So you rinse your car with distilled water? The lawn sprayer you mention, is it the type one would dispense pesticides?

Aside from ONR, is there something that may be mixed with rinse water that would prevent water spots? If someone were to rinse with a foam gun, is there a chemical that could be used to prevent the water spots?

Best thing I know of is a water softener. I never had problems until late last year. I recently called the company that installed ours, they are telling me I might be using too much soap as softeners do require less with dishwashers and washing machines. I'm gonna try that this weekend, hopefully mine will go away as they are a pain in the butt.....especially around tight areas where you see the spots but have difficulty getting them out.

Howard