PDA

View Full Version : How would you rank these?

RickT
06-29-2008, 08:42 PM
My name is Rick and I'm new to this game. I'm just trying to put together a wish basket. I've already decided to go with the Flex and Menzerna polishes. I'm trying to decide on sealants right now. I will be topping with a wax. My biggest dilemma is that I have an 08 Accord (Black with dark blue metallic), a white metallic Montero, and my son has a 07 VW Rabbit. The Honda is the most important, but the other two won't get the loving care of the Honda and therefore need something more durable.

In what order would you rank the following sealants as far as (1) for durability (2) for best look

DG 105
WDGPS
Klasse SG

Thanks
Rick

Reddwarf
06-29-2008, 09:00 PM
WDGPS is the best, IMO. No competition from the others, unless you go by price.

YankeeFan
06-29-2008, 09:01 PM
The best I can offer is I used the DG105 and it worked well for me in combination with 610. It lasted for a little over 5 months on the East coast and I applied it prior to Thanksgiving. The way I determined how long it lasted is, there was a noticeable difference on how the water shed off the car after a wash. You should also consider 4* Ultimate Paint Protection as it offers quite the nice shine.

Howard

94LT1
06-29-2008, 11:02 PM
what about collinite 845?

mingraygt
06-30-2008, 05:34 AM
what about collinite 845?
Gets my vote!!

94LT1
06-30-2008, 06:19 AM
845 looks good by itself but if u wait a day u can top it with ur favorite wax if u wanted.

MadOzodi
06-30-2008, 11:27 AM
As far as durability goes, Klasse and DG105 are on par with each other from what I've read. I'm currently "testing" DG105 to see how it compares to the Klasse Twins combo I used last year. WGDPS has had its durability improved, also from what I've read, but still may not be on par with the other two.

As far as best look, it's subjective, but I believe most would say WGDPS and DG105 look better than Klasse SG with the edge going to WGDPS.

ScottB
06-30-2008, 04:55 PM
you should not leave Four Star UPP out ... you'll be sorry !

RickT
06-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks for all your help. What do you feel I will be missing out on if I don't try UPP. Looks or durability compared to the others, Killr? Where do you feel it ranks compared to the others?

hondajake
06-30-2008, 07:24 PM
I use WGDG before paste Sourvan. It lasts about 4 months in Michigan with weekly washings with DP Extreme foam soap.

ScottB
07-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all your help. What do you feel I will be missing out on if I don't try UPP. Looks or durability compared to the others, Killr? Where do you feel it ranks compared to the others?

Four Star UPP was very reflective and super easy to remove and apply. It mimiced the Pro line from another retailer and was slicker and glossier initially. Adding the polycharger just seem to add to it a bit. It might not be as durable (long lasting) as Duragloss, but so easy to use and the Spray Wax looks so good you'll be very impressed you gave it some consideration. On blacks, there is no other way to go.

RickT
07-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Is it something that you feel is further enhanced with something like Souveran or Fuzion?