PDA

View Full Version : Klasse All In One, Questions?

BritOn2wheels
03-19-2006, 07:12 PM
I've just purchased my first bottle of Klasse All In One polish, largely because of it's popularity in the Forum Favorite kit.
Everything I've read simply refers to hand application with a MF cloth. Was wondering if anyone out there has experience with machine application, specifically the PC7424?
Should the Klasse be used as an alternative to or after the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl remover?

joe.p
03-19-2006, 07:20 PM
I think KAIO has been applied by PC,but don't qoute me or try it until another member has used it this way.it is an excelent cleaner and you would be best served to use it before the pinnacle swirl remover.A little KAIO goes a long way so you can use it sparringly..

BritOn2wheels
03-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Joe, you mention that you consider KAIO to be an excellent cleaner, but Klasse and the AG website refers to it as a polish. The situation I face is that my sweet sixteen year old daughter backed my truck out of the garage the other day while her helpful brother pressed the button to lower the garage door :eek: As you can guess I now have moderate scratch marks on the roof of the truck from the rubber seal on the door bottom :mad:

At least the damage is not severe, nor is it visible, it just bugs me to no end knowing that it's there.

My question to the forum is this: "What's the best way to strip/polish repair the damage over the entire width or a full size PU truck roof?" :confused:

Bluesbrekr
03-19-2006, 07:42 PM
AIO is chemical based cleaner/polish. It is very low in abrasives. It won't do much for the garage door scratches. Use a polish for that.

I always apply AIO with my PC with excellent results.

joe.p
03-19-2006, 07:56 PM
You can use PBs SSR's 1, SSR 2, SSR 2.5 and your PC for light swirls and moderate scratch's. SSR One is the least abrasive and it goes up from there..KAIO has great cleaning abilitys but not a good source to use for paint correction.

pogo123
03-21-2006, 07:08 AM
As the other replys have stated, Klasse AIO is a great CHEMICAL based cleaner/polish, but the scratches will require more to remove. AIO would still be good to use after the scratches are polished out. You will find that some people prefer to use AIO before an abrasive polish and some prefer to use it after. It seems to work well either way. I like to use it after the polish because it leaves the paint very clean, it does leave some acrylic protection, and is a great base for sealants or carnauba wax.

cwcad
03-21-2006, 08:19 AM
To take care of the scrathces that you have mentioned one would need to use a polish. Menzerna, Optimum, Poorboy's, and Meguiars all have good products to chose from. There are other's as well. But I have no experience with anything but the one's that I have mentioned.

I am most familiar with Menzerna and Poorboy's. Depending on the severity of the scratches that you have encountered either of these lines will most liklely take away or diminish the marks quite well. They may be used with either the PC or rotary. Have not used either by hand.

KAIO may be applied by PC. I would use a finishing pad. Use your product sparingly. A thin application is all that is needed to clean the surface of your paint.

BritOn2wheels
03-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks to all for the helpful postings, I think I'll take some before and after photos this weekend and attempt to Polish out the scratches. Will keep you posted.

ScottB
03-21-2006, 06:03 PM
seen it used with the PC on oxidized paint with nice results. It is no scratch remover as offered, but a darn great paint cleaner. Have not found a product to date that doesnt stick to it for great combo's.