PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun soap question

YankeeFan
06-29-2008, 06:32 PM
What do you prefer to use for the foam gun, a more harsh soap such as Duragloss or a less harsh such as Optimum? The harshness statemnet is just my own opinion but what would help the foam gun do what it is meant to do and that is to prewash, or remove as much dirt prior to using a mitt? Is there another soap that would work better, yet not wash away or reduce the time the lsp (or sealant) lasts?

Howard

Anto
06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I always use a more slick soap in my foam gun, and I always use a bit more than normal for maximum foam. Personally, I use Megs GC wash in mine, because it's CHEAP ($7 for a half gallon) and it's pretty slick for an OTC. In the bucket I'll mix up some DG and a cap of ONR, and it works great.

What do you prefer to use for the foam gun, a more harsh soap such as Duragloss or a less harsh such as Optimum? The harshness statemnet is just my own opinion but what would help the foam gun do what it is meant to do and that is to prewash, or remove as much dirt prior to using a mitt? Is there another soap that would work better, yet not wash away or reduce the time the lsp (or sealant) lasts?

Howard

ScottB
06-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I dont find Duragloss that harsh ... now some other brands Citrus Wash now thats harsh. I like Duragloss, Poorboys, Optimum, and Zaino in the foam gun.

Jimmie
06-30-2008, 05:00 PM
^^likewise on the DG Wash. In fact it has more lubricity than most. DG, Opt, DP Extreme for my foam gun.

mixxer
07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
DG, Opt, DP Extreme for my foam gun.