PDA

View Full Version : WHAT happended to Surf CIty

Pages : [1] 2

Largebore
06-28-2008, 04:47 PM
On the site today and went to the Surf City Brand and it only showed three items. The rest were gone??

Reddwarf
06-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Shame. The glass cleaner is the best I've used.

AjNavo61490
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
yeah i tried to order the grime destroyer and wasn't available. Had to go to another site to order it.

Anto
06-28-2008, 09:23 PM
in any case, their website offers all the items at the same price with free shipping.

02CAMSS
06-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I think they dropped the line.

Largebore
06-28-2008, 10:22 PM
It all makes sense now. Just checked out the Surf City site. Looks like they are going into competition with AG and AG must be pissed. Seems like a bad thank you for AG launching their line. See this all the time, a new company gets some one else to do the initial work then decides they can do it better and make more money. Just my guess. I will stick with AG.

ehuth1
06-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Yea I gotta free 16oz sample of Beyond Black Tire Pro with my last order from AG and that stuff went right on my "Products that collect dust shelf" I appreciate the freebie, but the mild gloss factor isn't my taste...

wytstang
06-29-2008, 01:35 PM
It all makes sense now. Just checked out the Surf City site. Looks like they are going into competition with AG and AG must be pissed. Seems like a bad thank you for AG launching their line. See this all the time, a new company gets some one else to do the initial work then decides they can do it better and make more money. Just my guess. I will stick with AG.
If this is what happened when my glass cleaner is finished I'll use spray away instead. That's just crappy business practice (if it's true), hopefully thats not what happened.

Bunky
06-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I suspect if it sells well AG will carry it. I am sure with their extensive list of products, they have to drop ones that do not sell enough to make room for other lines.

Rsurfer
06-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I suspect if it sells well AG will carry it. I am sure with their extensive list of products, they have to drop ones that do not sell enough to make room for other lines.
I agree, I think Max as a business man is smart enough not to promote a line and then get it pulled from him.

mingraygt
06-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I agree, I think Max as a business man is smart enough not to promote a line and then get it pulled from him.I would hope!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-29-2008, 07:52 PM

What in the world would make you say that?? SC has had a website even before AG started carrying the line.. Sure would suck if people stopped using the great products that SC churns our based on misinformation!

Waxmax
06-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm with MotorCity on this....SCG has had a website for a long time. It just may not have been selling enough on AG. Clearkote also got dropped from AG a while ago because it was not selling on AG. They too have great products and a long standing website.

Largebore
06-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I have no information to suggest that what i speculated was actually the case. I hope that I was clear on that. Although Surf City may have had a site, I have never heard of the product line until seeing it promoted on AG. That is why I said that it appeared as if Surf City got its start on AG. Again I have NO information as to why the products were pulled from the site nor do I want to start unfounded rumors and apologize if that is happening.

Waxmax
06-30-2008, 10:31 AM
No problem....Surf City Garage has been around since the 70's per their site info. I have used a few of their products for several years (pre-AG). The inventory AG handles must be unbelievable and to manage it some products (even though excellent) must be dropped based on sales volume.