PDA

View Full Version : So what is the pad of choice for the Flex?

YankeeFan
06-27-2008, 05:38 PM
I remember seeing posts mentioning how some pads done work well with the Flex as they tend to jumped around more than others. Now that the Flex has been around for a while what pads have you found works well with the Flex? This is an important question as I have $350 of products to find by 8/1 and pads will a part of that order :-)

Howard

Largebore
06-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Really good question, I have asked that of myself many times.
I look forward to the responses from others.

mixxer
06-27-2008, 09:34 PM
i hate LC 6.5 inch pads so i switched to edge.

99C5Coupe
06-28-2008, 08:35 AM
i hate LC 6.5 inch pads so i switched to edge.

LC 6.5 is the pad I was considering. Mind telling what you don't like about them?

Thanks

mixxer
06-28-2008, 02:46 PM
The over all feel, they tend to skip sometimes, and they are to big to get in tight places.

YankeeFan
06-28-2008, 04:11 PM
The over all feel, they tend to skip sometimes, and they are to big to get in tight places.

Doesn't the Flex only accept 6.5" pads well? So is it the pad's fault or the limitation of the Flex?

Howard

mixxer
06-28-2008, 10:40 PM
no it will take 6 inch if you have the new backing plate, i like the sonus 6 inch. Also 5.5 will fit but no room for error.

blacknblu
06-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Doesn't the Flex only accept 6.5" pads well? So is it the pad's fault or the limitation of the Flex?

Howard
I've been able to use the 6.5" pads with minimal issues. The trick is getting the pad centered. After a little trial and error before polishing, the combo works fairly well for me. If I don't get the pad centered, it will jump around.

I also have been able to use the 5.5" pads, but certainly do agree that there is no room for error.

YankeeFan
06-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I've been able to use the 6.5" pads with minimal issues. The trick is getting the pad centered. After a little trial and error before polishing, the combo works fairly well for me. If I don't get the pad centered, it will jump around.

I also have been able to use the 5.5" pads, but certainly do agree that there is no room for error.

With that said, the Edge System would be best as there are no centering issues to resolve, thereby eliminating jumping. Plus it enables a wider variety of pad sizes. Correct?

Howard

mixxer
06-29-2008, 07:52 PM
I used the edge system today and loved it.

blacknblu
06-29-2008, 08:19 PM
With that said, the Edge System would be best as there are no centering issues to resolve, thereby eliminating jumping. Correct?

Howard
That would be a correct statement (IMHO). The only reason I haven't moved toward the Edge System is because of the permanent modification to the backing plate. Once they offer a separate plate (with no mods to the existing plate), I'll probably make the move myself.