PDA

View Full Version : What's you course of action?

YankeeFan
06-27-2008, 05:35 PM
You have a swirl that a white pad with Menerna Nano just won't get out using a Flex. What do you do, move up to SIP and stay with the white pad or stay with Nano and move up to an orange pad?

Howard

tripperfx3
06-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Always try the least aggressive process 1st. If 106ff and a white pad isn't doing it use another white pad with SIP. If that doesn't do it move to the orange pad.

mixxer
06-27-2008, 09:33 PM
If your doing a 1 step swirl removal you should always move to step up product first so the white pad will still allow you to finish with out micro marring.

ScottB
06-28-2008, 07:20 AM
Always try the least aggressive process 1st. If 106ff and a white pad isn't doing it use another white pad with SIP. If that doesn't do it move to the orange pad.

I too normally would shoot for this route, however in some cases I move to more abrasive pad and polish if needed. SIP/Orange combo ...

Largebore
06-28-2008, 08:23 AM
ok, but here is the question.

Which is more aggressive Nano w/ orange pad or SIP with white pad?
This is a very interesting concept. How does one evaluate the combinations of polish and pad as expressed in the example above.
The question exists for all polishes and pad combos.

ScottB
06-28-2008, 04:01 PM
and that is the challenge, again I would probably move to SIP/Orange at one time as I never found a huge difference using SIP with white pad other than after using the orange pad first.