PDA

View Full Version : Gummi Pflege and detailing...

Rento
06-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Okay, I have a question here... How do I detail my car near the rubber seals that I have Gummi Pflege applied, is that stuff even okay to get on the paint/clear???

When I detail my car and clean my windows the towel comes close to hitting the seals and even sometimes hit the seals wiping the GP off the seal.

How should I go about this??? Should I wipe off any excess GP on the seals and than proceed to the detail the car and clean the windows and than re-apply the GP?

pt91
06-27-2008, 08:48 PM
when i used it it transfered to the paint on the inside of the door frame when i closed the door. i am trying out a few other protectants for seals now.

Reddwarf
06-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Doesn't it have an applicator tip on the end? Mine does. I just run it over the seals. No problem getting any on the paint. I may have gotten a tad on the paint once but I wiped it with an MF. As best I can recall.

ScottB
06-28-2008, 07:21 AM
after application I allow the doors to stay open for 10 minutes and it seems to dry rather quickly. Anyone else think it smells like Murphys Oil Soap ??

pt91
06-28-2008, 08:42 AM
i did let it dry and buffed it down and it still smudged the paint when i closed the door. those smudges aren't easy to get off either.
i will use it in less conspicuous areas like trunks from now on.