PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Pinnacle wax

langridge
06-27-2008, 11:06 AM
A few times I have used Pinnacle XMT wax on several different cars. Some cars (in the correct lighting), leave a smearing effect, and no matter how much I hand buff, it still is smeary (sp?). I am doing it in my garage after all the correct techniques, but it still wont buff out. i don't know if it is coincidence, but it only applies to the hood. The rest of the car looks fantastic. Any help please!.

1986mustanggt
06-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Was the hood hot/warm. Was the car used anytime before the wash and wax. I have noticed this on cars of mine that the hood was hot and the wax has smeared.

Waxmax
06-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes, a warm hood or was their some residue on the hood?

langridge
06-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Good point about the warm hood. However, the car hadn't been run for about 3 hours at that point. I doubt there was any residue after washing, claying, polishing, then waxing; but who knows. I called Pinnacle and they basically told me their products don't do this.

Matt S.
06-27-2008, 12:55 PM
How thick are you applying it?

How long are you waiting before buffing it off?

What towel are you using?

ScottB
06-28-2008, 07:24 AM
I too thought about over application, very thin like a sealant is all that is needed.

Largebore
06-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I have had smearing problems but have solved them. Previously when I polish the car, SIP, Nano,Glaze I had not cleaned the surface after each step. Not sure why it is could be needed as I thought each additional step would clean off the previous, But now I wipe the surface clean after each step and bring it to a shine. Now no smearing at all with Souveragn paste... Do not know if it will help you but it has really improved my finishing dramatically.