PDA

View Full Version : Wash again after claying?

langridge
06-27-2008, 10:57 AM
I keep hearing of people washing their car again after they clay bar. Why?

blacknblu
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Typically, I polish after I clay. I use Megs QD as a lubricant, and am not quite sure if the QD would have any impact on the polishing process. Since I can wash the car in about 15 minutes, I figure an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Since I'm not a professional, and I only clay my car about 3-4 times a year, it's not that big of deal for me.

carguy
06-27-2008, 03:06 PM
I foam up one side of the vehicle and wash rinse, have a separate bucket of suds and use that as a lubicate for the clay and clay and rinse and then go over with the mitt and rinse one side at a time. Roof first, trunk and rear panels, side quarter panels, then hood and front area. It work quite well for me someone else might do it another way. I have clay same time when I wash but thought I might be marring the paint even further with debris I am removing when I am washing, just changed it up a bit. Try it.:cheers:

HighEndDetail
06-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I wash and clay at the same time. No need to rewash the car if I am going to polish. That's how I do it, just ask Sparkie:D