PDA

View Full Version : Noobie needs help.

Pages : [1] 2 3

sohc808
07-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone. I have been lurking here for awhile. I really need help. I own a new 2005 Chrysler SRT-6 in Black. I love this car but the paint is driving me nuts. I took took my car to a detailer and he couldn't take the swirls and scratches out. I joined this forum and even ordered products using discount codes and specials. I live in Hawaii so I really use the discounts and specials alot. But anyways here is my situation:
Last weekend I took out my pc used SSR 2.5 with orange pad. I really liked the product. Took out most of the heavy scratches, I worked the product in fairly well I think.
I then cleaned the paint with wolfgang paint cleaner and waxed it with max wax.
Now I have what looks to be hazing or micro-marring I think you guys call it that. So this weekend I plan to dehaze or demicro-mar the paint. I plan on using wolfgang paint cleaner with pc and white pad. Followed by wolfgang glaze with blue pad and followed by souverin paste by hand. Do you think this will solve my problems. sorry for the long post.

Rapidity
07-28-2006, 02:30 PM
I thought most everyone followed SSR2.5 with SSR1? That's what I plan on doing tomorrow.

FloridaNative
07-28-2006, 02:37 PM
If you didn't use a finishing polish after the 2.5 that's probably where that haze come from. It could also be that you didn't work the polish long enough with the PC. http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video/ These videos show you the different stages that a polish goes through before it is broken down. If you use a finishing polish on your car like the Wolfgang and work it until it's completely broken down I think your hazing will disappear. :) I hope this helps you.

sohc808
07-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I thought most everyone followed SSR2.5 with SSR1? That's what I plan on doing tomorrow.

Yeah, I forgot to order the SSR1 when I bought the SSR2.5 :( I'm going to order SSR1 when I get a bigger order tho.:D

sohc808
07-28-2006, 02:49 PM
If you didn't use a finishing polish after the 2.5 that's probably where that haze come from. It could also be that you didn't work the polish long enough with the PC. http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video/ These videos show you the different stages that a polish goes through before it is broken down. If you use a finishing polish on your car like the Wolfgang and work it until it's completely broken down I think your hazing will disappear. :) I hope this helps you.

Yes, I agree with you on the 2.5 as for the finishing polish tho, I didn't think I had to work the polish also. So this saturday I plan on correcting my mistakes. After I wash my car can I go straight to the wolfgang glaze or do I have to use the wolfgang paint cleaner first? :confused: and then the glaze.

Thanks for the help...

FloridaNative
07-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Yes. All polishes need to be broken down so that their abrasives will diminsh completely into the liquid otherwise you get that hazing. BTW, welcome to the forums. Please post some pics of your car in show and shine when you're done. We'd love to see your work. Good luck and feel free to ask any question you have. This forum is full of great guys and gals sho are eager to help any newbie on their path to the addiction. :) Take care and welcome. :)

sohc808
07-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Yes. All polishes need to be broken down so that their abrasives will diminsh completely into the liquid otherwise you get that hazing. BTW, welcome to the forums. Please post some pics of your car in show and shine when you're done. We'd love to see your work. Good luck and feel free to ask any question you have. This forum is full of great guys and gals sho are eager to help any newbie on their path to the addiction. :) Take care and welcome. :)

Thank you. I will post my pic's when I get a digital camera. Thank god for forums like these. I have learned alot about taking care of my cars paint. This is my first black car I've evered owned and diffenately my last. I wash her twice a week and wax her with liquid sourvin every sat. When I first bought the car it had deep scratches and alot of swrills. Trying hard to get them out. I will also buy the video on my next order from autogeek. Thanks

FloridaNative
07-28-2006, 03:20 PM
The videos are free honey. They were done by Blk Yukon. It should play automatically when you click the link for the video that you are interested in.

sohc808
07-28-2006, 03:29 PM
The videos are free honey. They were done by Blk Yukon. It should play automatically when you click the link for the video that you are interested in.

Ooops.:D Btw is this the same video as the one that autogeek sales?

FloridaNative
07-28-2006, 03:56 PM
The video that AG sells is a Meguiar's video. The guy uses a high speed rotary buffer in that video, not a PC. I have some video links to Meguiar's how to clinics as well if you want.

sohc808
07-28-2006, 04:25 PM
The video that AG sells is a Meguiar's video. The guy uses a high speed rotary buffer in that video, not a PC. I have some video links to Meguiar's how to clinics as well if you want.

Sure if you don't mind.. Anything to help me take care of this car would help. To tell you the truth tho I almost gaved up and wanted to trade the car in. You wouldn't belive the numerous scratches and swrills the car had. I have thrown almost every thing on this car. Pinnicle,Max Wax,Klasse and now Wolfgang products. The poorboys 2.5 did wonders on the heavier scratches.
I have changed my ways of washing,drying,and waxing. When I took out my foam gun my neighbors thought I lost my mind. That was funny. But like I said before, IF it wasn't for this fourm I would have given up. All I can say is THANK YOU ALL.........

Rapidity
07-28-2006, 04:28 PM
My neighbors only look at me funny when I get out the leaf blower to dry my car off... I dunno... I guess it does look pretty insane.

sohc808
07-28-2006, 04:35 PM
My neighbors only look at me funny when I get out the leaf blower to dry my car off... I dunno... I guess it does look pretty insane.

Yeah. Ha,Ha :cheers: I forgot about that. I have to get me one of those. Then they'll realy think I'm nuts.

Surfer
07-28-2006, 04:45 PM
My neighbors only look at me funny when I get out the leaf blower to dry my car off... I dunno... I guess it does look pretty insane.It's even funnier when you get looks from the landscapers :D

ScottB
07-28-2006, 06:22 PM

I'll go one better ..... I have used the blower for years. Recently neighbor was out washing his truck and got to drying. He looked over, and remembered my blower well enough to pull his out and use it. Following week he came over and in light comment said "where'd you come up with that blower idea, sure helped" .