PDA

View Full Version : Is My Process In Mind Correct?

LichtS
06-26-2008, 12:42 PM
We received our A.G.O. shipment today, and before I start working on my truck I want to make sure I have a good process in order... Any Comments would be appreciated.

Prep
-Wash (Mother's California Gold) w/ Microfiber Mit
-Meguiars Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner / Brush
-Claybar (Zaino Clay, and Mothers Showtime for Clay Lube)
-Tape all endangered areas-
Correction
-Menzerna T.S.R. 3.0 via CCS Orange Pad
-Menzerna Finishing Glaze 3.0 via CCS White Pad
-50/50 Alcohol & Water Wipedown via Sponge
Protection
-Menzerna Deep Paint Sealant via CCS Blue Pad
-Pinnacle Souveran Wax with PolyCharger via Applicator/M.F. Towel
Interior
-TurtleWax ICE Interior Detailer
-Vacuum Completely
-Stoner Glass Cleaner

**IMMEDIATELY POST PICTURES OF BEFORE AND AFTER SHOTS** Im the MAN

-Thanks Guys,

Steve

sal329
06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
I like to rinse around the fenders, clean the wheel and tires first then wash the car. Dry the car then dry the rims and tires. Apply sealant on wheels, coat the whel wells and the tires then start to polish.

LichtS
06-26-2008, 01:06 PM
I like to rinse around the fenders, clean the wheel and tires first then wash the car. Dry the car then dry the rims and tires. Apply sealant on wheels, coat the whel wells and the tires then start to polish.

By sealant on the wheels what do you suggest? Just your run of the mill wax such as Eagle One Nano Wax to seal the wheels or is there actual wheel/rim wax or sealant that I can put on the wheels?

-Steve

4fit?
06-26-2008, 01:33 PM
The TSR, FG and DGPS are actually Wolfgang products, but Menz was involved in the process so I guess it's alright to say that. lol

I agree with Sal. I always like to do anything with the wheels first. I've been using DG AW on the painted areas of my wheels and really like the results and durability thus far.

LichtS
06-26-2008, 01:49 PM
You don't do wipedown after glaze.

When do you do wipedown then? After the TSR 3.0? I thought that you had to do it to rinse the remaining polish off of the vehicle... Please correct me.

LichtS
06-30-2008, 10:57 AM
bump... Just wanna know if I am correct? Thanks.

-Steve

sal329
06-30-2008, 11:07 AM
By sealant on the wheels what do you suggest? Just your run of the mill wax such as Eagle One Nano Wax to seal the wheels or is there actual wheel/rim wax or sealant that I can put on the wheels?

-Steve

DG 105 or FK Hi Temp wax. Im sure you could use what ever ypour using on the car.

Matt S.
06-30-2008, 11:39 AM

-Steve

You should try DP Wheel Glaze. Lasts a long time, is easy to use, and really helps in preventing brake dust buildup.

As far as the wipedown, it is never needed with either of the Wolfgang polishes. There are no oils/fillers in either product. You would have to do a wipedown after using something with fillers, like 3M Swirl Mark Remover, or something like Meguiar's D151.

LichtS
06-30-2008, 01:32 PM
You should try DP Wheel Glaze. Lasts a long time, is easy to use, and really helps in preventing brake dust buildup.

As far as the wipedown, it is never needed with either of the Wolfgang polishes. There are no oils/fillers in either product. You would have to do a wipedown after using something with fillers, like 3M Swirl Mark Remover, or something like Meguiar's D151.

Thanks for your responses this helped me out. I will try the wheel glaze as well.

-Steve