PDA

View Full Version : How do you dry your pads?

san~man
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm aware of the cleaning process (after I use my XMT pad cleaner) as far as putting the dirty pad in a bucket with an oz of dishwashing soap, then soaking in clean water, but after it's all said and done how is everyone drying their pads?

Thanks for the continuing help :cheers:

joe.p
07-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Hang drying in 100 degree temp. Hang drying may be the best method..If you put the pads back in palstic make sure there completely dry,no moisture..

justin_murphy
07-28-2006, 02:16 PM
I put mine on the PC and hit it!
I start at #3 and slowly go to 6....ya, 6!
Dries them so fast. I usually hold it inside my wash bucket and let the water spin off in there.

Mike T
07-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Hang drying in 100 degree temp. Hang drying may be the best method..If you put the pads back in palstic make sure there completely dry,no moisture..
I agree.
I air dry mine and put them back in their baggies when dry. Make sure though they are dry be fore putting them back in bags or you will get mold.

Rapidity
07-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Dries them so fast. I usually hold it inside my wash bucket and let the water spin off in there.

I did this as well (I've only used it one time) and it works perfect. Not sure where I read about doing that, maybe one of your post?

emaxxman
07-28-2006, 11:37 PM

Damn, 6?! On 5, I saw the Lake Country/Wolfgang orange pad start to flatten out and look like a frisbee.

Any durability issues or premature glue/velcro failure from this technique? I do the same with my paint rollers but they're cheap.

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-29-2006, 12:02 AM
I let them soak in the dp cleaner overnight, rinse throughly, and air dry.

Surfer
07-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I do the same as Justin, speed 6 = very fast drying. But I know he and I have the Edge pads. Becareful with the velcro type, I saw a couple post on other forums with others doing it and they had their pads fly off hauling ass down the street lol:D

Then I just lay them o na towel to finish air drying over night after using the PC, the PC get's what ever water is being held in out.

Reddwarf
07-29-2006, 10:17 AM
I soak mine in the WG pad cleaner (it works great!) and then air dry them ontop on my dirt grid. In 100 degree garage they dry well. Not sure what I'll do in the cooler months.

ScottB
07-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I soak mine in the WG pad cleaner (it works great!) and then air dry them ontop on my dirt grid. In 100 degree garage they dry well. Not sure what I'll do in the cooler months.

I thought I was the only one ... I assume you meant the grit guard.

Jonboy
07-30-2006, 09:12 AM

And me, that makes 3 of us:)