PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please...sunday detail

onexvi3tboi
06-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Well I did my detail about over a month ago i think. I did the full detail then, but after that i been doing quick detail.

For this sunday I plan to do another full detail

Wash -> Dry -> Polish -> Sealant

then the following week since I cant put the wax on during that same day because i'm using the car to go out and such and I need the car. During the week i work so i cant do anything to it either

Wash -> Dry -> Wax

For wash I'm using the Pinnacle Body Shampoo or should I use the Surf city Garage Wash and Wax?

Drying I'm using the Big microfiber towel

Polish I'm using the Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion

Sealant I'm using the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0, Do i put on 1 coat or two of this?

Then a week later I'll do the Pinnacle Carnuaba Souveran Wax(not the liquid)

Any opinions or what so ever?

Tires I'm using the DP Tires Kit. How does this work? It comes with DP Gloss Tire Gel and DP Wheel Glaze do I use the Gloss tire gel on the tire and wheel glaze on the rims? I also have the Surf City Garage Absolutely for the rims if I need to use that.

Interior I'm using the Pinnacle leather condition and Pinnacle vinyl and leather cleaner.

Do I use anything for the carpet?

onexvi3tboi
06-27-2008, 10:57 AM
anyone? have any opinions?

DLB
02-03-2010, 11:44 AM
It looks like you are on the right track - so I will just try to answer your specific question with my opinion.

For wash I'm using the Pinnacle Body Shampoo or should I use the Surf city Garage Wash and Wax?Since you are going to polish immediately following your wash, I would just use the Pinnacle. No need to use a product that is intended to provide a little protection when you are just going to take it off.

Sealant I'm using the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0, Do i put on 1 coat or two of this?You can put another coat on, but it is advised to wait 12 hours after the first one if you do this. Given your time constraints, you might just want to shoot for 1 right now and follow up with the Souveran.

Tires I'm using the DP Tires Kit. How does this work? It comes with DP Gloss Tire Gel and DP Wheel Glaze do I use the Gloss tire gel on the tire and wheel glaze on the rims? I also have the Surf City Garage Absolutely for the rims if I need to use that.The SCG Absolutely Aluminum is a polish. So, if your wheels are bare aluminum and need polished, then use that, and then use the DP Wheel Glaze to seal them. The tire gel is just tire dressing and the wheel glaze is just to protect your wheel - it is just wax for your wheels.

Do I use anything for the carpet?Is your carpet stained/dirty? If so then you can use an appropriate cleaner to clean it and then just vacuum it. If it is not stained, just vacuum and be done.

DLB

Matt S.
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Erm...DLB, this thread is a year and a half old :p

Good info, though! :D

DLB
02-03-2010, 01:54 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

You want to know what I did? Good, I'll tell you anyhow.

I saw him post in the chat box about "please look at my thread..."
So I clicked his UN and went to "Posts started by user". Apparently, this one was at the top or near it (guess he hasn't started many posts since then) and I just clicked it and replied.

HA! I am laughing at myself so hard!

Edit - why didn't someone answer the guy in June 2008?! Then I would have just nodded and agreed. :D

And to think, I usually find it humorous when others raise posts from the dead.

DLB

onexvi3tboi
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
there's another one dlb, but thanks for the info on this one...it'll help me a lot on the next detail

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/22907-been-long-time-but-want-do-full-detail-next-weekend-few-questions.html

please see the picture on the second page and tell me what you think of the work...Thanks.

Matt S.
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

You want to know what I did? Good, I'll tell you anyhow.

I saw him post in the chat box about "please look at my thread..."
So I clicked his UN and went to "Posts started by user". Apparently, this one was at the top or near it (guess he hasn't started many posts since then) and I just clicked it and replied.

HA! I am laughing at myself so hard!

Edit - why didn't someone answer the guy in June 2008?! Then I would have just nodded and agreed. :D

And to think, I usually find it humorous when others raise posts from the dead.

DLB

:laughing: :props:

jpegs13
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM

DLB who won the Super Bowl in 2009? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

onexvi3tboi
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I'll tell you who will win it this year!

Saints!