PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Signature Series II

SVTContour
06-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I decided to treat myself to one of Autogeek's nicer offerings. Pinnacle Signature Series II wax. My vehicle is a SVT Contour with silverfrost metallic paint. I usually use Mothers Reflections car wax and the Reflections Top Coat.

My plan is to clay with Pinnacle ultra poly clay, then polish with Poorboy's SSR 1.0.

My question is do you guys think that after claying and polishing should I put on Mothers Reflections car wax and then the Signature Series. Or should I just use the Signature Series alone? Do you think using the Reflections will take away or add from the look of the Signature Series?

Thanks

gary26
06-25-2008, 10:07 AM
After clay and polish I've used Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant X2. Then Sig series II, you'll really make metal flake pop.

SVTContour
06-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I have never used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant. But, from what I have read and gathered about it, it seems that Mothers Reflections Car Wax has some similarities to WGDG in that they are easy to use sealants that have a deep, wet, carnauba like finish.

Jimmie
06-25-2008, 10:57 AM
The first time I'd do Sig Series II alone. Maybe a glaze first.

onexvi3tboi
06-25-2008, 11:28 AM
wait with the WGDG you have to put it on twice or just once and then the pinnacle wax.

I thought only 1 coat of WGDG then the Pinnacle Souveran Wax(not the liquid) or is it better to put two coat?

4fit?
06-25-2008, 12:29 PM
wait with the WGDG you have to put it on twice or just once and then the pinnacle wax.

I thought only 1 coat of WGDG then the Pinnacle Souveran Wax(not the liquid) or is it better to put two coat?
2 coats would be applied just to ensure full coverage of the vehicle. It wouldn't be a requirement, but a recommendation. I plan to do WG DGPS x2 on my Bullitt next weekend. :D

ScottB
06-25-2008, 05:14 PM
leave Mothers out of it for now, see the real look of SSII. You might be quite hooked and so easy to use. WOWO ....

trhland
06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
its one of my favorite waxes!!!! no need for any other glaze? or other wax coats. there enough oils in this to give just an awesome glossy wet look!!!!