PDA

View Full Version : What is this made of and how to care for?

dannythekid
06-23-2008, 11:26 AM
My girlfriend has a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT, and it's got the "leather" and sport cloth seats.

It's starting to show the leather shine on the outside edge of the bottom of the seat, and it's just dirty in general, plus it's getting a little hard on the tops of the rear seats from teh sun.

But my question is, it really doesn't feel like leather, but more of like a synthetic material.

What would be the best product to clean it and try to soften it up? I was thinking of ordering some 303, for this and for my car as well.

Any of you guys detailed one of these cars yet and got ideas? I'll try and get pics if it helps.

ScottB
06-23-2008, 04:52 PM
most leather used by OEM manufacturers on mass production units has a plastic coating to protect from water and UV. The sides are often vinyl too. Leatherique might make a bit of a difference ...

TOGWT
06-24-2008, 03:43 AM
"My girlfriend has a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT, and it's got the "leather" and sport cloth seats".

I'd need more information on the material you are attepting to clean / care for.

This material could be a protected leather and/or Alacantra (a suede like material) or PVC, etc, etc?

dannythekid
06-24-2008, 07:27 AM
"My girlfriend has a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT, and it's got the "leather" and sport cloth seats".

I'd need more information on the material you are attepting to clean / care for.

This material could be a protected leather and/or Alacantra (a suede like material) or PVC, etc, etc?

That's the thing, I can't tell what it is, which is why I was asking if anyone's detailed one of these yet. It's definitely not alcantara.

As killrwheels said, it seems like it's leather with a plasticky coating on it or else like a synthetic leather. I'll see if I can get some pics.